Couple of Short redemption questions about BA Miles

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by Muerl, May 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Muerl
    Original Member

Muerl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I did a good amount of reading and I have a few questions I am having issues solving. I am working on planning flights for my honeymoon across the south pacific and am working on using BA Miles from the Chase Promo

First off, is BA like AA in that Australia/NZ are 'Domestic' Or are they considered different countries?

Second are the numbers on the 1 Partner RT? So does that mean that a 1 way is half of that?

Third, do JetStar flights with Qantas Code Shares accept bookings on BA Award? Its seemed like it should and they show availability on a Qantas awards

Fourth, People talk about stop overs and loosness of routing Would something like this be possible?

AKL -> CNS (stop over 3d) CNS->HTI (stop over 4d) HTI-BNE (Very long stop over) BNE->AKL

Thank you for your feedback and help.

Muerl

2. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    The numbers on the one-partner award chart are for roundtrip travel ("Base mileage required for return travel") so one-way is indeed half that amount.

I do not believe you can use BA miles to fly Jetstar, though I have not ever tried to do so.

Australia and New Zealand are in the South West Pacific region of the BA chart.

BA allows unlimited stopovers but travel must be on most direct routing. Different agents will interpret this rule differently so what you can accomplish with it may vary quite a lot. But pretty circuitous routings for additional stopovers will usually be rejected.

Muerl likes this.
  3. wolfsatz
    Original Member

wolfsatz Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is there a way to search for one way award availability on partner airlines via britishairways.com?

4. wolfsatz
    Original Member

wolfsatz Silver Member

Status Points:
    Nevermind, I see how to do it.

5. Muerl
    Original Member

Muerl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is there? I was using Qantus reward search to try and figure stuff out.

Thanks for the responce gleff, I am thinking I will pay LCC except for the 1 expensive flight with AA miles (10k each way)

6. aussieflyer
    Original Member

aussieflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wondering about BA's unlimited stopover rule.

Many have mentioned various options of taking full advantage of this with AA across the US and better yet with LAN across South America.
    How far can one actually go with this?
    Would they allow hba-mel-cbr-syd-bne-glt-rok-mky-tsv-cns-wei-hid on QF?
    Not bad for 15k miles.

I was actually trying to see if I could put together 16 segments but come up a bit short.