Couple Marks 66th Anniversary With $15.75 Waldorf Astoria Hotel Room

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by MSYgirl, Jan 11, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    [article]

How do you get a room at the uber-luxurious and exclusive Waldorf Astoria hotel in New York City for less than $20 a night?

If you are Tony and Jo Fioravante, 86 and 85, respectively, you simply hold on to the original receipt from your stay there 66 years ago.

The Staten Island couple will celebrate their 66 th wedding anniversary Sunday the same way they spent their wedding night, with a stay at the Waldorf Astoria.

The couple, who kept their original receipt from 1948, will also pay the same rate for their room at the exclusive Towers of the Waldorf on Park Avenue, a whopping $15.75.

Hotel rates now start at $799 for suites and $1,299 for presidential-style suites.

The Fioravantes are cashing in on the hotel's long-standing tradition of honoring the original rate for couples celebrating an anniversary of 50 years or more who spent their wedding night at the Waldorf and kept the receipt after all those years.

2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Doubt they have a lot of takers for that offer, as nice as it is.

MSYgirl and Sammich like this.
  3. dstober

dstober Gold Member

Status Points:
    Very sweet. I can only hope that Mr. Dstober and I are both alive and kickin' for our 66th anniversary. We did not stay at the Waldorf Astoria, nor do I know where our receipt is for our hotel on our wedding night. But regardless, Mr. & Mrs. Fioravante are an example for all of us! Thanks for sharing, @MSYgirl. :)

Newscience, MSYgirl and Sammich like this.
  4. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ah, but did they get 16 HHonors points?

5. Sammich

Sammich Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am Tony, but I don't know who Jo Fioravante is.

markcwj, bigx0, dstober and 1 other person like this.
  6. WhiteDesert

WhiteDesert Silver Member

Status Points:
    Priceless.

Sammich likes this.
  7. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    they should be given lifetime Diamond status

Sammich likes this.
  8. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Actually, it should be 160 HHonors points for their current stay unless Hilton rounded their $15.75 rate down, in which case it would then be 150 points. But if they are now Silver, Gold, or Diamond, the appropriate elite bonuses would also apply. Wonder if they were able to get the exact same room/suite they had stayed in originally, hopefully a bit remodeled since then. But then again, who notices their surroundings on their wedding night, as they should be too busy......!!!! Congrats to the lucky couple, and best wishes for many more future returns to their favorite property.

Only five more years (plus a few months) to our 50th, perhaps.....oh wait, we didn't stay at the Waldorf then, it was closer to some large waterfall at the time, but we didn't notice the view that evening. ;)