County Kerry, Ireland restaurant bans ‘loud Americans’ from their premises

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Dining' started by uggboy, Jul 22, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Newscience likes this.
  2. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd hope we quiet Americans would also choose to find another place to eat in the area if we're not welcome in that establishment. It works both ways and it'll be his loss.

uggboy and jonspencer like this.
  3. euromannn
    Original Member

euromannn Gold Member

Status Points:
    LOUD is everywhere.......unfortunate the stereotyping goes along with the territory.

Like in Mexcio......Puerto Vallarta....30 German guys in shorts, no shirt with boots on marching on the beach screaming ..of course all drunk with beers!

Like in Italy......Italians coming onto girls and be aggressive. Same for the Greeks!

Goes on and on.

One thing I didn't care for in Cork was the Irish "local only" attitude for a bar I wanted to enter. I just left as I saw this attempt in Amsterdam also and reminded me of places I wouldn't enjoy even if I got in.

uggboy likes this.
  4. jonspencer

jonspencer Silver Member

Status Points:
    loud or quiet the color of the customers money is the same

these business owners must have too much money :eek:

blackjack-21 and uggboy like this.
  5. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think over time his "too much" will become "too little" and by then most tourists and visitors to the area will have found more hospitable places where they feel more welcome and comfortable. The sooner the better, IMO.

uggboy likes this.
  6. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    To play devils advocate here ... that sort of discrimination never ever happens in the good ol' USA?:rolleyes:

uggboy likes this.
  7. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    UPDATE:

Kerry cafe owner allows Americans in...but says they're quiet now

He also claims Americans have come in since and told him they'd be quiet.

Founder of Cill Rialaig artists' retreat Noelle Campbell-Sharpe has opened up a pop-up gallery for the summer where people can purchase a piece for €250 donated by an artist who has used the retreat.

Only then is the artist's identity and the gallery value of the work revealed.

A tongue-in-cheek poster proclaims: "Loud Americans welcome - and loud Irish too."

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...ans-inbut-says-theyre-quiet-now-30462007.html

euromannn and blackjack-21 like this.
  8. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Oh, did he suddenly notice his twelve empty tables appearing more often due to his sign?

A bit too late, he got his day of "fame" and now he's left with the bad taste it brought about, although other places nearby will relish the extra patrons.

uggboy likes this.