Country Inns and Suites New Orleans French Quarter

Discussion in 'Carlson | Club Carlson' started by mgn57, Jun 12, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. mgn57

mgn57 Active Member

Status Points:
    Any reviews on this hotel ??

uggboy likes this.
  2. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    I always thought that the French Qtr started NE of Canal but it seems the property is located a couple short blocks from the French Qtr.

It has been awhile since I was last in NO, I went a year after Katrina for a convention. Stayed at a hotel just off of Canal (off Canal is where we normally stay) which some would view Canal as a bit dicey during the late night hours, we've never had any problems.

If driving, this hotel only offers valet at $28 per day, there is no selfpark option. The hotel I stayed at was charging a premium as well, so if you are driving, check out the self park lots where you'll get a better deal.

If you do go, please report back as we are thinking of making a NO trip this fall.

uggboy and flyingdawg like this.
  3. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've personally never stayed there but that's the part of the French Quarter that I'm not too fond of... you're a block off Bourbon and chances are you'll have to trip over a drunk or two on your way to the hotel. :)

I've been to New Orleans a few times since Katrina and rarely stay that close to the action... it's like going to Miami and staying on South Beach -- the hotels are noisy, rowdy and not generally in the best condition. My last trip there I was at the W on Chartres which is only a block over and up from that Country Inn and it was fantastic.

uggboy likes this.
  4. mgn57

mgn57 Active Member

Status Points:
    Sorry Sweet Willie, I wont be able to give a report before you travel NO. I am not scheduled to go the until LateJanuary 2013 or early February.
    Thank you for the reply. I am planning to go on a cruise from NO. Trying to time it around Mardi Gas. The Carlson promotionse will help.

uggboy, flyingdawg and Sweet Willie like this.
  5. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I stayed at this location for a few nights on a trip last year. My memories are a bit hazy :D , but I tell you what I do remember. I was upgraded to a suite as a gold at the time. I had a two room suite which was very nice as I recall, but there was not exterior window. Breakfast area was pretty crowded and busy, but not a problem as seating is ample. As others have mentioned, the location is a block or two from the true French Qtr area. I was happy with the location. Valet parking was pretty expensive so I opted to self park at a lot down the street. I know I'm forgeting a lot of details, but that's the curse of NO!

Sweet Willie, uggboy and viguera like this.
  6. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    So, you had a great time? Excellent!:)

flyingdawg and viguera like this.
  7. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    that is bizarre. I can't think of any lodging I've stayed in where I didn't have an exterior window, it may have been a small window but I did have one!:D

flyingdawg and uggboy like this.
  8. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Radisson at Valley Forge actually has lower level rooms without windows. Same chain too... :)

But I can't say that I ever had, nor that I ever would stay in a room without windows. Even if all I get is the view of the parking lot, I need some sort of external light source. :)

Sweet Willie, flyingdawg and uggboy like this.
  9. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've had several rooms in NYC with views from the window of a brick wall 2 feet away ;).

Sweet Willie likes this.
  10. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    In NO light is your enemy :D!