Country Inn & Suites: Stay 2 get 25K

Discussion in 'Carlson | Club Carlson' started by flyingdawg, Aug 15, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Another big promo from our friends at Club Carlson. Country Inn & Suites 25th anniversary: Stay 2 consecutive nights at a Country Inn & Suites and get 25,000 bonus points! Registration required. Promo runs from August 15 to October 14, 2012.

www.countryinns25.com

2. NYCAdventurer

NYCAdventurer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not too shabby

flyingdawg, uggboy and marcwint55 like this.
  3. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    flyingdawg, NYCAdventurer and uggboy like this.
  4. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Very nice indeed, thanks for sharing!:)

5. Jett Rink
    Original Member

Jett Rink Silver Member

Status Points:
    Pump up the jam. Pump it up.

marcwint55, uggboy and flyingdawg like this.
  6. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    Check-out must be completed by Oct 14.
    Guest must book the 25 for 25 promo rate, and this is often not the lowest price.

Is it really true that only standard rooms will qualify? Do they really mean that suites at Country Inn & Suites are excluded? :confused: (I don't know what they mean by this in the T&Cs, but I would expect any room or suite to qualify if it is offered and booked with the 25 for 25 promo rate.)

I've pasted the T&Cs below and highlighted some parts in red. (As of 8/15/2012 at noon Eastern.)

25 for 25 Promotion - Terms and Conditions
    The 25 for 25 Event ("Promotion") is available only to Club CarlsonSM members for new reservations. To be eligible for the Promotion, members must register online for the Promotion at http://www.countryinns25.com ("Promotion Registration"), provide their Club Carlson member number at the time of reservation or check-in of a Qualifying Stay, and then complete one Qualifying Stay at any Country Inns & Suites By Carlson hotel worldwide ("Participating Hotels"). A "Qualifying Stay" is defined as a stay of two or more consecutive nights in the same room at a Participating Hotel regardless of the number of check-ins or check-outs during the Promotion Period, for which the guest specifically booked the 25 for 25 Promotion rate The Qualifying Stay must begin on or after August 15, 2012 and check out must be completed no later than October 14, 2012 ("Promotion Period"). Guest must be present at the Participating Hotel at both the time of check-in and check-out, enrolled in Club Carlson at or before the time of check-in, and registered in the Promotion no later than the time of check-out (to enroll in Club Carlson, visit www.clubcarlson.com). Members who complete the Promotion Registration will receive a 25,000 Bonus Gold Point award after the completion of their Qualifying Stay. This Bonus Gold Point award is in addition to the standard Gold Points awarded for a regular stay. An individual can earn a maximum of one Bonus Gold Point award for this promotion regardless of the number of Qualifying Stays completed during the Promotion Period. Only one Club Carlson account per Qualifying Stay will be credited with the Bonus Gold Point award. Allow 6-8 weeks for Gold Points to appear on account. The Promotion and Gold Points are subject to all Club Carlson program Terms and Conditions, including rules and restrictions regarding redemption for prepaid cards and retail gift cards which may not be available to all members and which vary based on member's country of residence1. Only standard rooms are eligible for the Promotion and rates for each night of a Qualifying Stay may vary. Promotion is not valid on existing reservations and is subject to availability. Country Inns & Suites By Carlson is not responsible for : interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections, miscommunications, computer hardware or software or technical failures, Internet Service Provider/network/website accessibility or availability, garbled or jumbled transmissions or other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical or electronic; including without limitation the incomplete, incorrect or inaccurate capture of Promotion Registration information. Promotion void where prohibited by law. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Country Inns & Suites By Carlson reserves the right to add, modify or discontinue these terms and conditions or the Promotion at any time with or without notice. By participating in this Promotion, you agree and consent to these terms and conditions.

marcwint55, uggboy and IDGflygirl like this.
  7. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    If returning after registration to book reservations, you can go to this address to get the promo code 25FOR25 automatically included in the rate searches:
    www.countryinns.com/25

TopCashBack.com has dropped their offer to 8%.
    Ebates 3.5%
    MrRebates 5%

8. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Still not bad. Hope they don't drop it any lower.

marcwint55, uggboy and SC Flier like this.
  9. zphelj

zphelj Gold Member

Status Points:
    My local Country Inn 25 for 25 rate comes up at 82/nite or (185.32 ai) for Fri 8-24 to Sun 8-26. The cheapest rate for that same period is 69.70/nite so the delta isn't too bad.

If it's true you can buy points for .7 cents each I don't see this as any kind mattress run but a nice perk if you plan to stay anyway and probably worth the extra cost per night.

marcwint55, uggboy, SC Flier and 2 others like this.
  10. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've checked a couple of locations where the 25for25 equalled the other lowest rate, so its something worth checking out.

marcwint55, uggboy and IDGflygirl like this.
  11. TheBOSman

TheBOSman Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wonder if $45 is worth 25,000 points? I already have a 2 night stay booked, but at about $22 less each night after taxes as I booked them during the 30% off sale. $45 probably is worth 25,000 (plus the additional $45 of points too technically), but I don't need to take the trip and would rather cancel it and save my time on the airport parking and rental car and all that. Hmmmm...

marcwint55, uggboy and flyingdawg like this.
  12. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    25K is certainly worth at least $45 to me. But if you don't really need the trip and would otherwise cancel it, then the actual cost is much more than $45.

If I take advantage of this promo, it will be for a stay that I need anyway. Will it tempt me from my other options with my usual hotels? Probably not unless the C&IS location is better.

marcwint55, flyingdawg and uggboy like this.
  13. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    i'm thinking of staying @ the C&IS for ORD Seminar. 25k vs being in the same hotel as the conf? I'd take the 25k

14. craz
    Original Member

craz Silver Member

Status Points:
    looked it over and didnt so far see where it would be beneficial to me to pay $60 more + tx to earn 25k, had it been 50k no question but at 25k and when I could stay at another chain where I need the credit for status for less, well I registered but doubt Id be doing it

It would have been worth worthwhile for me a 1 Nighter had it been 2 stays at the 25for25 rate but they could have been at 2 CISs and need not be 2 nights in a row

15. aviator8

aviator8 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would be careful with TCB. I still have not received my cashback from the big night giveaway, and I am not the only one in that boat. There is a long discussion going on over at FT. I am still working with TCB to get it resolved, but it is slow going.

16. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thx for the warning. I checked my account today as I was making a couple of new reservations. It looks like all my stays (5) have posted over the past couple of months. Haven't requested a payment yet from TCB yet. Hopefully everything will go smoothly.

marcwint55 and uggboy like this.
  17. sleuth

sleuth Active Member

Status Points:
    I have the option to upgrade to this promotion for an added cost of $97.54. Are the 25,000 Club Carlson points worth it?

marcwint55, flyingdawg and uggboy like this.
  18. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    i would say yes... use intl it can have great value; used domestic ... you will most likely break even

19. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP, sleuth ! That cost proposistion sounds pretty steep to me. If I'm paying my own way, I would say no. If you're expensing or charging to a client then maybe yes.

marcwint55 likes this.
  20. sleuth

sleuth Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. I've decided to skip it. It would require breaking up a 3 night reservation due to hotel availability and my wife and I already have over 200,000 points from their summer promotion.

marcwint55 and flyingdawg like this.
  21. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think I'll move a 2 night business stay over from holiday inn although I really need the priority club points for a future vacation I'm working on. I just hope some day all these radisson points will come in useful to me.

IDGflygirl, marcwint55 and flyingdawg like this.
  22. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I know what you mean. Club C has been making it really difficult for me to get in my mandatory SPG stays lately. I've got to come up with a better game plan if they keep this up.

marcwint55 and IDGflygirl like this.
  23. IDGflygirl
    Original Member

IDGflygirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I can relate -- busy w/requal for both Hyatt & SPG, CC is an afterthought!;)

daninstl, flyingdawg and marcwint55 like this.
  24. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    it is well worth it

daninstl and flyingdawg like this.
  25. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    my stays posted and I received the payment from them.