Country Inn and Suites- Excellence

Discussion in 'Carlson | Club Carlson' started by free67spirit, Jan 5, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. free67spirit

free67spirit Silver Member

Status Points:
    I know many people can't imagine staying in a Country Inn but my families experiences have been nothing but spectacular. Our most recent experience happened at
    Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen), MD
    1435 Handlir Drive
    Bel Air, MD 21015
    United States

410-297-9444

We did not expect to go home for the holidays but with recent events in the world we felt important to spend time with our family. It was a last minute decision and a flight for five people would have been astronomical. We drove from NC to MA. It is 14 hrs without stops. Trying to limit our family spending I decided we would use the points that Club Carlson was giving away last year to stop half way. On the way up we were able to obtain a free standard room with two queen beds and king suite for 69.00. All kids had there own beds. It was so very clean and we are always treated like family. The staff was phenomenal. We enjoyed this particular Country Inn so much that on the way home we stayed again. While we stayed in Massachusetts we used points in a Radisson. (I never really enjoy those stays-always dated and shabby)

So here are the totals 1 night two rooms in Maryland 28,000 plus 69.00 FREE BREAKFAST FOR FIVE
    2 nights in Massachusetts at a Radisson(so so) 56000
    1 night in Maryland 1 room this time 5000 points and 56.00 AGAIN 5 FREE BREAKFASTS
    We did earn 4448 points but I was using my husband points and he did not have status AND I did not sign him up for the recent bonus. OH well. Any way we still have points in my husbands account for at least a free night or 5 nights point and cash.

I would like to personally thank CLUB CARLSON for their generosity not only with their giveaway of miles but with the staff that represents them so well. Three cheers for Country Inn and Suites in Bel Air, Maryland.

On a side note we drove on the highway past Newtown, CT and as we drove we saw flags along the highway for each victim on the highway. We saw billboards that said we are Sandy Hook we love you. I had chills. Sometimes we just do not know how lucky we are as family, workers and yes even as travelers.

Peace and love to you and yours!

Jenny & Curt, sobore, wrxmom and 5 others like this.
  2. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thx for sharing your experience!

marcwint55 and Kalboz like this.
  3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have stayed at a fee CI&S properties since Carlson started their promo spree and found them to be perfectly acceptable for my needs.

4. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for sharing ... we will be looking for CI&S around San Diego for the spring to take the kids to Seaworld and other attractions.

Posted a link to this thread on Club Carlson FB page. :)

5. wrxmom

wrxmom Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've enjoyed all my Country Inn Stays. :)

flyingdawg and Kalboz like this.
  6. wrxmom

wrxmom Gold Member

Status Points:
    There's only 1 in San Diego, great staff, decent breakfast. All you can help yourself to cookies (3 different types) and lemonade. Oh and there's a CVS less than a mile down the street....;)

7. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    very hit or miss. mostly hit, however. the one at TYS should be avoided. it made many Choice hotels look good.

8. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have stayed at CI&S a few times and never had a complainant.

flyingdawg likes this.
  9. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wish I could say that CIs are consistently good, but I had problems at 3 of the 4 CIs I stayed in last year. I did just book a one night stay in Feb., but I am no longer so enthusiastic about them.

flyingdawg likes this.
  10. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    My experiences have been fairly good. But not worth comparing to my other preferred programs/hotels, SPG and Hyatt. But as generous as Club C has been with points the past couple of yrs, I'm willing to cut their properties a little slack.

11. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    We enjoyed the one in Ontario, if you want a night near ONT some time. Also, the one in Sunnyvale, CA is very nice. My son reported that the one in Ventura left a bit to be desired. Or maybe a lot.