Couldnt get 2 Chase Sapphire cards

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by mileagejunqe, Feb 29, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. mileagejunqe

mileagejunqe Silver Member

Status Points:
    Mrs. MJ got a targeted 50K offer for the Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa which we each already have. Undaunted she applied for the second card figuring at worst she would have to convert one card to the Sapphire World MasterCard as I had read was possible. First, they wouldn't let her have 2 Preferred Visas - no surprise - so as planned she converted the original card to a MC. Then she called the reconsideration desk to get the targeted offer of the Sapphire Preferred Visa. Still no dice. Wasn't even a matter of credit limit. They said an individual cannot have 2 Sapphire products. Bummer. I was already thinking of ways to spend the extra 50K UR points.

deant likes this.
  2. tondoleo
    Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

Status Points:
    If Mrs. mileagejunqe has the Sapphire already she would not get points for a second one. Chase is specific in their terms and conditions that you do not get bonuses for cards you have once owned.

TAHKUCT, mrredskin and deant like this.
  3. MDDCFlyer

MDDCFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    It is true they are very specific, but one can get more than one bonus on credit card they had in the past. I would be very surprised if it work for having both card at the same time (though I have one data point to the contrary). If you cancel and wait (my guess 9-12 months) one can get more then one bonus.

4. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    So, you can't have your cake and then have another one? :)

jrjcopp likes this.