Under Review Could we up the # of photos allowed per post in the trip reports forum

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by gleff, Mar 22, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Most trip reports with photos contain more than 5, it's a bit of a hassle to break up trip reports into many replies in order to accomodate them. :)

Thanks!

2. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Might we do the same for all of Destination Travel? There are so many places where photos are "worth a thousand words".

miles and smiles likes this.
  3. KIXman
    Original Member

KIXman Gold Member

Status Points:
    I agree. I don't know how, but some people have managed to include more than 5 uploaded images in their posts (on other forums) so it should be technically possible.

jbcarioca and miles and smiles like this.
  4. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    I know that it is possible to increase this limit forum wide, I don't think that it is possible to do on a per forum basis though. I have seen the idea of this being expanded before and will add it to the master list so that it gets on the discussion list next time we go over master list issues here. Thanks!

KENNECTED and chrislacey like this.
  5. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    The limit appears only to be enforced when you create a new post. When you edit an existing one, it's possible to upload additional images, although it's possible that the editor limits it to 5 additional images per edit (didn't test this part).

jbcarioca and Gargoyle like this.
  6. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    It seems to relate to the way bbcode and rich text interact. The images are stored/linked in the posts as text links, and sometimes when you edit or reply it interprets them strictly as text.

That is why you could only insert 5 smilies if you use the dropdown image button in the edit window, but you could insert countless smilies if you use the text code:

Code:
    :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) 
    However, with embedded images this isn't consistent, sometimes you can get more than 5 into a post when you edit, sometimes not.

jbcarioca likes this.
  7. KENNECTED
    Original Member

KENNECTED Silver Member

Status Points:
    This would be great forum wide as I tend to take a lot of photos and when writing a review, the photos are an intricate part of the review.

jbcarioca likes this.
  8. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    That seems right to me. I have tried several times cutting a graph or schedule to paste in response to a question, but the import ends out with subdivided images, thus maxes out. I hope there is a good solution, especially for the graphs and schedules. The photos would make it easier, to be sure, but they do not make it impossible by any means.

9. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    The bbcode support for tables was improved a week ago; check the bbcode help page.
    It's still pretty primitive, but I was able to use it for my avatar selection vote poll in Off Topic.
    Note that all table cells have to be in one line (no hidden paragraph tags) or the entire table floats way down in the post window. You can have carriage returns within the cells, just not between cells.