Could TSA Precheck become Permanent?

Discussion in 'Travel Security' started by DTWBOB, Jan 31, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
  2. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    I completely expect that TSA Precheck will become permanent. They are just tweaking the process to ensure that it works smoothly and doesn't confuse the TSA agents too much.

One problem right now is that there are not enough people who are registered and so when a security line is blocked off for only Precheck, it does slow overall service. However, in the future, there will be so many more people registered with Precheck, we will all be much happier going through security.

3. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

Status Points:
    That really doesn't surprise me. This whole "beta" thing they're doing is to work on the bugs in those original three, now six, airports and get those fixed by the time of the big roll-out.

Over the weekend at a California airport, I was talking with a TSA screener and he said he's been with the TSA for a long time, and it's his experience that in things like this, the TSA seems like it's on a mission here and it will come out to a LOT more airports sooner than later. That's been my feeling for awhile as well.

It makes a lot of sense from a PR standpoint; quiet the frequent fliers who complain about the screening, and leave the more thorough to the Ma and Pa Kettle, "anything for security" crowd. Though I do wonder if Ma and Pa Kettle will get pissed off at the frequent fliers and a mini-mutiny happens.

4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Do you still have to walk through the nudeoscope with precheck?

5. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

Status Points:
    FTA:

6. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks! So belt and other metal objects stowed away, but no more asking for the groping alternative. Me like it.