Could Snoring Too Loudly Get You Kicked Out of the Crowne Plaza?

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by uggboy, Jul 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Could Snoring Too Loudly Get You Kicked Out of the Crowne Plaza? ;)

A few Crowne Plaza Hotels in the UK made the news last week for their "Snore Absorption"rooms which are designed to help snorers snore less and help their companions sleep more. The rooms include a bunch of snore absorption amenities like sound-absorbing headboards to muffle the echo, anti-snoring wedge pillows and white noise machines.
    But now it comes out that the hotels are also employing snore monitors whose job it is to patrol the designated quiet corridors of the hotel. Reutersreports:

"Snore monitors" patrol corridors in the designated quiet zones of Crowne Plaza hotels in the cities of London, Leeds and Manchester. Their job is to listen out for offensive noises and knock on the door of guests who snore too loudly.
    "We have quiet zones on two floors of the hotel. As Snore Monitor, I conduct floor walks to check for noise disruptions, paying particular attention to the quiet zone rooms," said Laura Simpson, Snore Monitor at Leeds Crowne Plaza hotel in northern England.

http://www.hotelchatter.com/story/2...Loudly_Get_You_Kicked_Out_of_the_Crowne_Plaza_​

2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Seriously? I wish hotels would pay more attention to door slamming party rooms or children/teenages playing games in the hallways... I don't think I have ever been bothered by someone snoring in another room.

wheat27 and uggboy like this.
  3. wheat27
    Original Member

wheat27 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I can't say I ever have heard another guest snoring... Kids running, loud music and TVs, yes but never snoring.