Could removal of award chart online mean that DL will adopt WN award redemption model?

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by Max M, Feb 16, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. Max M

Max M Gold Member

What if the reason DL has removed their awards charts from is because Delta slowly wants to transition to a redemption model similar to how Southwest’s model operates? In other words, your Skymiles are worth x-number of Dollars towards a ticket?

Clearly there hasn’t been any announcement of this yet, but considering that DL adopted 50% of WN’s award model structure [fares earn x-number of miles based on price, instead of distance flown] it would be logical to assume that DL could adopt WN’s redemption model.
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
    MX likes this.
  2. MX

MX Gold Member

Maybe DL and WN are both pursuing a really enhanced model called obfuscation. ;)
  3. Misplaced Texan
    Original Member

Misplaced Texan Gold Member

It could. No one really knows.

Lots of speculation and some folks who will tell you that they have the answers to DL's nefarious plans, but really no one knows.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  4. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

There's no "answer" to DL's plans (except the obvious two action choices: to refuse to do business with the entity or continue to agree to their banditry).

But the mountain of evidence shows clearly what their plans are:

A. Reduce pricing transparency
    B. Increase targeted, dynamic pricing for both award and to the maximum possible degree before DoJ/DoT intervention, revenue tickets.

I have a giant revenue DL flight upcoming, obviously on a misfiled fare, but in light of the SM situation, I won't use SM#. Much better to use my plebian AS FFP number which means I'll receive ~10 times more miles, and the AS MP are twice as useful per mile at least as SM, and let's not forget I'll get EC upsell offers for LESS $ than I would if logged in with my DL SM Medallion credentials......