Costa Mesa Marriott - Master Thread

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by Kalboz, May 16, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

This is an all-suite property located in a lovely garden setting. We called and they said it was okay to check in early before noon on Saturday. At check-in, was recognized as a Marriott Gold member and given a nice room/suite on the very top floor, the 11th floor. We were granted a late check out of 3 PM, but were forewarned that we will be charged $35/hour if we stayed past that time!

Great location: the best thing about the Costa Mesa Marriott is the location. Easy walk to nearby theaters, restaurants and South Coast Plaza shopping. 5 minutes from SNA airport (John Wayne). Stone throw to the freeways for easy connection to downtown LA, Disneyland, Universal Studios, Seaworld, or San Diego. This is a great base of operations if you visiting for business or pleasure, except for the parking charges. Parking here will set you back a whopping $23 per night!!!
    Clean cozy room with two beds and a sleeper sofa for the four of us (me, wife, and two kids ages 3 & 5 years). Kinda small for all 4 of us, but it was okay for one night. Coffee machine, small fridge, desk, two flat screen HD TVs but not all channels are in HD. Tiny but very clean bathroom with good water pressure. Shower above tub.
    No lounge at this property, but breakfast was comped because of my Gold status and it was good. Eggs station attendant (Rodrigo) made me a great omelet just the way I ordered it. Your typical breakfast food items were on offer plus some Mexican dishes like breakfast burritos and delicious quesadilla. Great selection of fruits which were very fresh and of high quality. Coffee and juices served & refilled promptly, and my wife was also served a little cake for Mother's Day.
    Beautiful little lake and gardens behind the hotel with direct access from the hotels lobby. We took a long walk with the kids after breakfast watching the birds and the colorful huge fish inhabiting the waters. In the afternoon, we went to the pool and had a whole cabana to ourselves. Fresh towels were replenished regularly and promptly by the staff. We played and swam with the kids and had great time at the pool. The hotel lobby also has a computer corner with two PC terminals, printers, and an ATM machine.
    Service was good: when we checked out, we forgot jewelry and a watch in our room. We drove back and the housekeeping manager personally retrieved the items for us. All in all a good stay and will stay here again provided the rates are reasonable. This property is recommended if you are in the area.
    More photos of our stay can be found here:
    gregm and uggboy like this.