Costa Cruises

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by joesmoe, Jun 24, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. joesmoe
    Original Member

joesmoe Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm on a costa cruise at the moment, i'm wondering if anybody has any advice on getting a discount on my now astronimical bar tab that has to be settled in the morning.

Thanks,
    -joesmoe

2. BurBunny
    Original Member

BurBunny Silver Member

Status Points:
    Would this count as posting while under the influence?

Sorry, Joe, only if you happen to find a sugar momma between now and morning who wants to adopt you :D

3. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Only way to get a "discount" is to jump overboard. Just kidding.

One thing, make sure you pay with a miles earning credit card. Should help the pain.

4. joesmoe
    Original Member

joesmoe Gold Member

Status Points:
    Already paid with a miles earning credit card.

Joining their club yields a 10 percent discount, but only on future cruises (so be sure to join prior to booking your first cruise).

They also allow 500 euro a day for free when pulled via a slot machine instead of at the cashier. Then u can walk over to one of the kiosks, swipe your ship I'd card, and swipe a new cc, and 500 euro on the new card....continue with as many cars as wanted.

Note that this is billed in euro, so if u don't have a FTf free card, you will be hit with this fees from ur cc.

Pulled out well over 1000 euro a day every day of the cruise, across almost all of my ccs.

There was no security leaving the cruise at our point of origin (cph) - so no concern with having over 10k euro.

5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Be careful. If you're entering or exiting the USA, cash (and other stuff) over US$10,000 must be reported, although it's not forbidden to carry cash across the border. Many other countries have similar rules about the import and/or export of currency.

6. joesmoe
    Original Member

joesmoe Gold Member

Status Points:
    Im not entering the us with it.

Thanks though!