Copa Starts Their Own FF Program Next Year

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by KenInEscazu, Nov 19, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    I find it hard to believe that UA Insider failed to post this here when it was posted on TOBB. Kind of a dis to us milepoint faithful. Here's a copy/paste of the current post from "over there." Notice that the moderator deleted part of the post. That, I believe, is a first.

Hi everyone,

Today MileagePlus is announcing that Copa Airlines will launch its own loyalty program in July 2015, and some MileagePlus benefits on Copa Airlines flights will change starting July 1, 2015.

Copa will remain a MileagePlus partner and Star Alliance member, and members’ current award miles balance, Premier status and Premier qualifying activity in MileagePlus will not be affected. Please visit united.com/copaupdates for more details and information.

-UA Insider
    Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Today at 9:22 am. Reason: Thread for Copa Airlines Changes Only

There are a lot of interesting details when one digs into it. Current CM regulars should suffer little to no pain, but UA Elites who just use CM for the occasional vacation will be disappointed, I'm sure. Personally, I think I'm going to be very pleased. :)

2. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sorry... I missed that HMWT already covered this. Oops!

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  3. Rob
    Original Member

Rob Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think you're reading too much into the moderator edit, it looks like UA Insider had one post with a bunch of changes, while a bunch of threads existed for individual changes, and they wanted to keep the smaller posts going instead of one giant complain-fest.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  4. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    So my guess is COPA is sticking with general mileage earnings, not doing the revenue thing for earned award miles?

5. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    The few remaining faithful? :(

I think his post on FT was pretty much a reaction to Flyertalkers uncovering and discussing the changes.

6. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    People are trendy. I'm still holding out hope that the quality of this site will not only survive, but regain its pattern of growth. Let's face it... There may be more info "over there" at the moment, but this site is 50x higher quality in GUI and interaction between members. I, for one, am staying.

I'm also staying with Copa. :)

8MiHi, Garp74 and HaveMilesWillTravel like this.
  7. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Booooo!

8. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not exactly...censors delete stuff all the time and it's hard for viewers to know what has been deleted unless it was their own post. It gives the impression that these events are rare/unknown. They are not, FT is censored severely and unposts and unpersons are made all the time.

That's the point of censorship - it is not evident to those who aren't censored. It should be so, of course, and eventually, it will be exposed....

As for CM's idea, yes this is very interesting. I await the unveiling of their FFP - at this point, there's more than a small possibility it will become more attractive than MP even for those based in the US, if they use CM at all regularly.