Copa airlines

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by adrianors, Dec 15, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. adrianors

adrianors Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just want to share a good experience with Copa Airlines.. I just flew Copa yesterday, IAD-PTY-GIG. First, even being just Premier Silver I got an email 24 hours before my flight saying that I was upgraded to their business class for both flights, which was already an awesome start. I was not expecting to get that being in a low tier with UA. Anyway, no lines at all, great boarding, no delays (even with the snow in DC), excellent employees caring of all customers from the beginning until the end. Was traveling with my wife and baby which were not upgraded since we were under different reservations but we got some space in the first economy row which helped a lot.. Had a big stroller and car seat which were also well handled.. First aircraft was a old one but the second one was one of their new ones. No complaints at all.. Really surprised, that was my second time flying Copa and it seems that I'll start booking more flights with them when I decide to travel to destinies in South America!

jbcarioca, Flyer1976, dstober and 2 others like this.
  2. DAS02135
    Original Member

DAS02135 Gold Member

Status Points:
    How's it being a 737 for the two long flights in business class? I've been booking my flights from Boston to Santiago on Air Canada (BOS-YYZ-SCL) to get onto a wide body and get a flat bed seat. The cost of the Copa flights and Air Canada flights are often very similar for business, so I've been avoiding Copa due to the aircraft. Should I reconsider?

jbcarioca likes this.
  3. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've never flown Aer Canuckistan so I can't speak for their J but I really do enjoy COPA Business Class. I've flown it quite a few times between LAX/MEX/IAD/SCL to PTY.

jbcarioca and adrianors like this.
  4. adrianors

adrianors Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you're flying economy I don't believe there is any difference between COPA and the other ones but I guess they have some extra legroom in the first rows (at least it looks like they have), but I am not 100% sure about that. About flying business.. I would say it depends of some key factors like how tall you are, how tired and what time of the day you're flying. I flew during the day from 9 AM to 10:55PM (ignoring time zones, cause I actually got here in Rio at 1:55AM). You wont have a flat bed but the seat will be good for a day trip and you will definitely save the money you would spend flying first..

jbcarioca likes this.