Copa 25% bonus PQM all 2014

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by pjoalfa, Feb 12, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. pjoalfa
    Original Member

pjoalfa Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just got this in my United statement:

Purchase your tickets through any of our direct selling channels° and fly with Copa Airlines between January 1 and December 31, 2014 and earn an additional 25% Premier Qualifying Miles so you can achieve Premier status, maintain or earn the next level.

The link links to Copa and has no registration button. When I try to login as a MP member it doesn't know me. Offer can't be found on United.com, and doesn't list a registration code.

http://www.copaair.com/sites/cc/en/mileageplus/pages/obtenga-millas-adicionales.aspx

2. pjoalfa
    Original Member

pjoalfa Silver Member

Status Points:
    Answering my own... I learned this is apparently ongoing, no registration required.

snod08 likes this.
  3. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    IME, Copa flights booked on united.com do not earn the 25% bonus. The flights must be booked on copaair.com to get it.

Copaair.com makes united..com look like a world wonder of technology. While I really like a few of their features, it is very unreliable. Sometimes it keeps reloading for no reason - and before I can search for anything. Other times the seat map won't come up. Same for some confirmed and ticketed reservations. I'm sure there are more examples.

I have several Copa trips currently scheduled which were purchased directly from Copa. None of them show up under "My Trips," which is the link similar to UA's "My Reservations." This has been going on for weeks. When it works correctly, flights that were once held, but never purchased continue to show on the list until the departure date of the itinerary. It can be very confusing.

As for the flights I have booked this year, I can find each of them by using the "Manage your booking" link. It requires the reservation code to do it, so you'll want to have it handy before you start the process, but at least it confirms that they are still in Copa's system.

Once aboard, I generally prefer Copa to UA. The food is better up front, and the service is always stellar. It's amazing to me how efficiently they manage to serve a real meal on their one hour flights. They even give away sandwiches and soft drinks in Economy on those short flights, and I have never seen them fail to finish serving everyone. Very impressive.