Coolest Starbucks around the world

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Dining' started by sobore, May 26, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...aycomTravel-TopStories+(Travel+-+Top+Stories)

[​IMG]

It's been said that you're never farther than 170 miles from a Starbucks in America -- and we can assume that will become only more true as Starbucks continues its global domination. As of July 2012, there were 17,651 Starbucks locations worldwide, with an additional 1,500 slated to open in 2013. In fact, the company just recently announced that it would be opening its 1,000th location in Japan this summer.

And while a Starbucks location has a certain aesthetic -- dark wood paneling, Pantone-green accents, chic and comfortable seating for a true coffeehouse vibe -- we can all admit that our Starbucks locations have a big-box store, cookie-cutter feel to them. So when we find uniquely designed Starbucks stores from Singapore to Amsterdam, we get excited for the unusual. With innovative design, unique architecture that fits within the city's landscape and unusual concepts, these are the Starbucks worth visiting.

From all corners of the globe, Starbucks has made an imprint on the global coffeee scene. Check out these unique Starbucks locations around the globe -- maybe it'll inspire your next travel itinerary when you're visiting these countries.

Read More: http://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...aycomTravel-TopStories+(Travel+-+Top+Stories)

Sweet Willie, uggboy and mtlfire like this.
  2. Street Smart Traveler

Street Smart Traveler Member

Status Points:
    My favorite Starbucks is in Taipei, Taiwan. In the Ximending area, there's a big Starbucks that feels like a cabin. Three floors tall, lots of wood. Overall nice feel.

Sweet Willie likes this.
  3. sosphistocles

sosphistocles Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hey that Starbucks in the photo is near where I used to live in Kobe, Japan. Last I heard they renovated the interior completely! It was a good spot to have coffee at though. Great ambience

Sweet Willie likes this.
  4. travel4art

travel4art Active Member

Status Points:
    I think its pretty disappointing that you can travel across the world and find the same things here at home. I am sure some people find it comforting on some level but I like to see new things. Here is a picture I took when I was on a trip to Japan in the city of Osaka. The menus vary depending on where you are. They offered bubble tea here which I though was at least a little different from the norm.

Attached Files:

5. zshanlon

zshanlon Silver Member

Status Points:
    Beirut had a great Starbucks right on Hamra St. The main floor was nothing special but it had a very spacious basement with double sided fireplace and a bunch on cushy 2 person seating arrangements. Great for reading.

Sweet Willie likes this.
  6. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't drink coffee but Mrs Sweet Willie does, her favorite Starbucks is located in Hawaii Kai Town Center, (far east side of Honolulu, on s shore of Oahu).
    She loves it when we take the convertible for a morning drive (or rent a motorcycle once in awhile to get out there).

Newscience likes this.