Conversion to Iberia question

Discussion in 'Accor | Le Club Accorhotels' started by brucewil, Mar 9, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. brucewil

brucewil Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have 2000 points with Accor from the platinum sign up bonus last year. I wanted to convert my points to Iberia Avios, but it says it will happen when I reach 3000 points. Other than the obvious staying at an Accor hotel, does anyone have a creative way to get those 1000 points? We have a Sofitel here in Philly.

2. harvson3

harvson3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just a reminder that the 2K points are worth a 60USD hotel certificate for Accor hotels. That's my preferred redemption.

Sorry I can't answer the question. All I could find was http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub/earn-points.shtml

3. brucewil

brucewil Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't suppose that $60 could be used toward a dinner at their hotel restaurant? That might be an option if so. Thanks.

4. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well this is interesting... I just checked and it seems they're doing 1:1 to Iberia Plus now, rather than the old, higher ratio?

As for the original question, I would imagine that if you charge the restaurant to the room you should be able to technically pay for the dinner as part of the stay.

I don't think there's anything in the T&C that says that the voucher has to be used only for the room rate part of the stay.

5. brucewil

brucewil Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was more referring to ONLY the restaurant. I would not be staying at the hotel. I seem to remember the Sofitel in Philly had a nice Sunday brunch.

6. harvson3

harvson3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I believe that whether a property allows you to use the voucher without booking a stay is on a per-property basis. You might call the Philadelphia property and ask.

7. brucewil

brucewil Silver Member

Status Points:
    As Joey from Friends once said, "it's a moo point, as in "it doesn't matter to a cow". I got an email this morning that the points were being transferred to Iberia.

8. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    So they sent them 1:1 to Iberia Plus? This used to be a 5:2 ratio very recently (I transferred 24k points to 60k Iberia Plus Avios) but everyone thought this was a fluke... I'm sad to see it corrected. :(

9. brucewil

brucewil Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes 1:1 transfer.