Continental Sickout in EWR

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by DenverBrian, Jul 27, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. DenverBrian
    Original Member

DenverBrian Silver Member

Status Points:
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-07-27/continental-airlines-cancels-24-flights-on-sickout.html

2. BurBunny
    Original Member

BurBunny Silver Member

Status Points:
    And so it begins?

3. sithlord
    Original Member

sithlord Silver Member

Status Points:
    Gotta love unions. Wish we could outsource.:)

LETTERBOY likes this.
  4. BurBunny
    Original Member

BurBunny Silver Member

Status Points:
    As much as I'm not a fan of unions in this day and age, I will admit that airlines have some of the most adversarial relationships, not to mention abuses by management, remaining in modern American society, outside industries like mining. As such, I have much more sympathy toward the pilots and FAs than I ordinarily would for similarly-compensated unionized employees in other segments.

That said, my frustration is that such actions really only hurt the public, not the executives. As seen by the "Summer of Pain" many years ago, the executives by and large escaped unscathed, while FFs cannot say the same. Please, please, pilots and FAs, know we do hear your frustration, even if we don't understand the intricasies of the hiring and seniority issues - but will be far more sympathetic if your actions don't make it difficult for us to do our jobs and earn our living as well.

JohnnieD, rggale and tjtenor4 like this.