Continental Platinum gets less award inventory on website?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by skit53, Jun 2, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. skit53
    Original Member

skit53 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Was trying to make an award booking earlier today and I noticed that I get less options when I am logged into my Continental Platinum account than when I'm not logged in at all.

Is this a glitch that's been documented?

To check this out yourself, try these dates:
    6/17 - 6/20
    HKG to HKT
    Note that the non stop flight on the outbound is offered while not logged in, but disappears when logged in. Also, business class options disappear when logged in.

While logged in:
    Fullscreen capture 622011 32525 PM.bmp.jpg
    While not logged in:
    Fullscreen capture 622011 32745 PM.bmp.jpg

2. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Another enhancement?

3. Cuse44
    Original Member

Cuse44 Silver Member

Status Points:
    This used to happen before and CO "supposedly" fixed the problem. Guess this hasn't been completely fixed. I still check for awards both logged in and not logged in to make sure I don't miss any availability.

Travelsavant likes this.
  4. skit53
    Original Member

skit53 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I went ahead and called to make the booking, no problem there.

However, on the website, if you try to log in after selecting your flights, it will tell you an error has occurred and will not let you proceed.

Travelsavant likes this.
  5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Historically the issue was that CO uses both I and O internally for business class awards but partners only use I (O is reserved for F awards). The O inventory is the "extra" access that elites get to the biz seats on CO. The website apparently searches for O no matter what if you're an elite, rather than searching for I and O.

When then initially announced this plan many (self included) suggested it was doomed to be an implementation nightmare. They insisted they had it figured out. I guess not. Still. Years later.

6. Travelsavant
    Original Member

Travelsavant Gold Member

Status Points:
    As bad as CO Award searching may be, UA is much worse. I'm not sure where the "new enhanced" search function came from but it's awful. I now use CA & AC to see where Star Alliance & UA awards are & then call 1K for booking. A real pain.