Continental One Pass CC - 50K sign up bonus

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by deant, Feb 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    travelmystic likes this.
  2. travelfree
    Original Member

travelfree Silver Member

Status Points:
    I received approval for both myself and mother for this promotion. I received my card yesterday and made my first purchase. These 50K CO points will eventually be combined with our existing UA points.
    First time cardholders only.

MilesMan likes this.
  3. TrueBlueFlyer
    Original Member

TrueBlueFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was thinking of applying for this offer but chose the Mileage Plus Visa 50k bonus on United instead

My logic was I could redeem NRT-SIN for 10k miles + $35 tax whereas using OnePass it would take 12,500 Continental miles + tax.

4. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    All depends on how soon you want to use the miles. As others have said, UA and Continental will combine in the near future. Who knows which reward schedule they will follow.

My rationale is that you can get the Continental card now and then get the UA card at some later date, But you may not be able to do the reverse.

Do you have a link for the 50K United offer?

5. TrueBlueFlyer
    Original Member

TrueBlueFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    The 30k mile offer changed to a 50k mile offer once I signed into my Mileage Plus account on United.com
    Targeted, perhaps? I applied for it last year but was away in Europe for almost two months and didn't get to start using the card until now.

6. freeloader

freeloader Silver Member

Status Points:
    whats been the status on chase applications? Are they still doing the "only one application per 6 months" thing? I signed up for a Chase card like 4 months ago - should I wait another 2 before applying?

7. jonman21
    Original Member

jonman21 Silver Member

Status Points:
    YMMV - I have a friend who was rejected for "too many apps of credit" after waiting 3 months between different Chase CC apps. However, I did sign up for a CO card about 2 months ago - was approved - and then recently applied for the Hyatt Chase Visa and was approved. Not instantly, but one week later.

8. My wife was rejected on the old BA 100k promo at first shot due to too many apps over a short period of time w/Chase. However, she called this special department and convinced them to approve her.. Anyone know what that ph# is for Chase's "credit approval" department? Not the usual CSR, but the direct line to dispute a rejection. I had it in the past and have misplaced it somehow.

9. Misterstuf
    Original Member

Misterstuf Silver Member

Status Points:
    The number is 888-245-0625. Good luck.

secretsea18, Stefan and noel like this.
  10. yeah, 60 days rings a bell. If there is a card you really want, I would just apply, and then when you get deferred, call in a day later. Worst that happens is a hard pull and rejection.

11. flacey8
    Original Member

flacey8 Silver Member

Status Points:
    i just got the One Pass - but I applied for it before Feb. 1, any chance I can still get the Mileagethon bonus? if so, how? Thanks in advance

12. IDGflygirl
    Original Member

IDGflygirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm not aware that any exceptions have been made for the 'qualifying' activities for Mileathon bonuses in the past, so it's pretty unlikely that they would make any exceptions now. AFAIK, the begin & end dates for qualifying activities is strictly enforced. Sorry![​IMG]

flacey8 likes this.
  13. flacey8
    Original Member

flacey8 Silver Member

Status Points:
    thanks - yeah, silly me applied on Jan. 31 without reading the Mileathon dates - another newbie mistake :(

14. bjcleaver

bjcleaver Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm eyeing both this card and the Hyatt card. Have a Chase SW RR card from the fall, so I'm over 60 days but likely short of 6 months. Debating, debating...

15. Prior to signing up for this make sure to sign up for the Continental Milethon... you'll get 5000 extra miles for a total of 55000 miles!!!

16. airshadow
    Original Member

airshadow Gold Member

Status Points:
    Also don't forget -- anyone who received the previous offer (25k+5k additional user) within the last few months should send a private message to Chase and ask politely if they'll give you the difference in miles. For most folks, the timeframe had to be within the last 90 days, but some have reported even longer. Chase has been unbelievably generous on this one.

17. arkleseizure
    Original Member

arkleseizure Silver Member

Status Points:
    I applied for and received the Hyatt card in November, then applied for and received the Continental card in late January. While there may not be a hard rule, I always just assume these things are a bit YMMV...probably a result of my experience with the Citi AA cards.

18. FLYERIL
    Original Member

FLYERIL Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've received the targeted e-mail myself for the 50K CO Chase Card and intend to apply before the expiration date in April. I'm also aware of the link that the untargeted can use. I'm going to suggest some relatives that were not targeted (they aren't currently Onepass members) apply using the link, but was wondering if anyone had problems receiving the 50K bonus if they weren't targeted.

19. penumpang
    Original Member

penumpang Gold Member

Status Points:
    My partner was not targetted and applied using the link. He got the card. When he called to activate the card, he asked the rep to confirm that he was going to get 50K. The answer was yes. The billing statement hasn't closed yet, so the bonus miles have not yet posted to his CO account.

20. emajy
    Original Member

emajy Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got the 50K promotion and being EWR based am looking for an alternative to my Amex Platinum for club access. Does anyone know if I can get the Continental card (and my 50K miles) and then upgrade to the Presidential Platinum?

21. gtg007w

gtg007w Active Member

Status Points:
    How long is this deal good until? Also, what exactly do they mean by first time cardholders only? Does this mean that if I apply for this, I won't qualify since both are by Chase?

I applied and got a Chase United 50k card in January. I wanted to wait until March to sign up for this. I'm on 2 month cycle at the earliest, don't want my score to go down that quickly.

22. aitchly
    Original Member

aitchly Silver Member

Status Points:
    It says it is good through April 30, 2011. First time cardholder is first time CO card.

23. DAS02135
    Original Member

DAS02135 Gold Member

Status Points:
    The card offer says you get "Two Presidents Club® passes ($100 value) every Cardmember
    anniversary."

Does that include when you first sign up for the card? Or, only starting with the beginning of year 2?

24. bjcleaver

bjcleaver Silver Member

Status Points:
    As far as I know it's with the beginning of year two.

25. DAS02135
    Original Member

DAS02135 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not getting one for the Zero-th anniversary does make sense :) That's why I turned to you nice folks before making an ass of myself on the phone!