Continental Mileage Upgrade Waitlist "Expiration"

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by demkr, Sep 30, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. demkr
    Original Member

demkr Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just looking for clarification on something. I waitlisted for a Platinum mileage upgrade on a EWR-SAN flight that's sold out in F-just to get the highest priority possible if a seat were to come open.

Side note: having terrible luck on CO upgrading. Hopefully this isn't the future with the new UA transferring over to the system.

At the 24 hour mark, Continental.com says waitlists will "expire." Does this mean that I "missed" the mileage upgrade or transfer to EUA system based on status and fare class and check-in time, or do I still get priority above EUAs in the upgrade standby list for requesting miles upgrade?

2. AZjohn

AZjohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got an e-mail with similar wording from CO at the 24 hour mark when I got waitlisted with a CR1 from LAX-EWR a couple weeks ago. My summation was "AZjohn, there is no way in hell you are going to get an upgrade thus this is your offical notification to go directly to the back of the plane when boarding and do not waste any GA time asking if there is any chance of UG's":D

On top of that, it's been two weeks now and they still haven't credited my CR1 back yet. Have a feeling it will take a few calls to get my instrument back....
    John

3. Geo
    Original Member

Geo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Don't really know what a "Platinum mileage upgrade" is. Waitlists are for the upgrade using $$ and miles. The auto-upgrade list doesn't expire, it just keeps ticking... but they do break ties based on things like check-in time. Don't confuse "waitlist" with EUA's or what is called UDU on UA. They ain't the same thing.