Continental.com Award Search

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Golfingboy, Mar 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Golfingboy
    Original Member

Golfingboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I know this is probably an old issue, but it has been getting incredibly frustrating for me lately... It is NICE to be able to search for awards online without having to call, but the outcome when searching for award space for F/J is horrible... By that I mean, when I see saver space for F/J and after selecting the flights I want I noticed that most of the time there are segments in Y :mad:

The one that tipped me over was when I was searching for NYC-BKK, and it showed JFK-ORD-NRT-BKK for 62,500 miles one way saver Business award and guess what JFK-ORD is in F the rest in Y :eek: And I have to go all the way to the end to discover this... Seriously??

Bottom line, CO or the combined company needs to LIST the cabin this award will be booked into in the search results... Right now it shows flight #, aircraft, meals, etc... They need to put in information where it will say Economy (X) or Business (I/G) so we will know what cabin each flight will be in if I chose that option rather than having to go through the entire process to find out... That might require a complete interface overhaul and rather than listing both Y awards and J awards they might have to separate them to make this work -i.e. when I select search for J the site will list only J awards and if I want to look for Y the site will only list Y awards...

Also, they need to implement a column or a function to search for F award space....

As a matter of fact, DL's award search engine is better than CO's when searching for J awards, IME...

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I like that they list partial awards. I dislike that it takes to the final screen to know which segments are which.

In the above example, if it was only the LGA-ORD segment in Y would you have still booked it? I know I would (I actually just did about 20 minutes ago, though via LAX for the TG795 non-stop). I like the idea but the implementation is lacking.

And having F searchable will be quite nice. Assuming they keep the co.com interface and the F cabins I cannot imagine that is too far off.

Golfingboy likes this.
  3. Golfingboy
    Original Member

Golfingboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would have since chances are decent that F award space will open up particularly on this route... Otherwise, 1.5 hours in Y won't kill me... EWR-LAX in Y, different story :p

Another great thing UA/CO can implement is if we are on saver business/first award and the domestic segment does not have F award space at booking they could put us on the F upgrade waitlist automatically just like what they do for mileage upgrades...