Continental CC

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by Efilon87, Mar 4, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Efilon87

Efilon87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Had the Continental CC since October. With the merger, will there be any changes with that CC? I heard rumors that it will transfer to an United CC. Thanks everyone!!

2. kyunbit
    Original Member

kyunbit Silver Member

Status Points:
    The CC will be rebranded as United Mileage Plus Explorer Card

3. Efilon87

Efilon87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    So does that mean I wont be able to apply for the UA CC and get the bonus?

4. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    Correct. Since you applied in October, you are after the posted 7/19 cut-off to get bonuses for both cards, but there are limited reports of success stories with getting both after that date. There are also reports that it is already too late to cancel your CO card and avoid having it convert. I have no idea whether or not that is true, but it has been repeated by more than one source. So, it is possible that now may be your best chance to apply for the card and get the bonus, but it is also possible that it won't work due to your CO card being acquired after 7/19.

5. FLYERIL
    Original Member

FLYERIL Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you look on chase.com, your Chase Continental card should now have United to the right of the account number rather than Continental. My cancelled Continental card (cancelled in late December 2011) is still listed and it now says that it is/was a United Mileage Plus Explorer card, even though it was never converted before being cancelled.
    Also, my Chase Continental Business card now says that it is a United Business card on chase.com.

6. notbgates
    Original Member

notbgates Silver Member

Status Points:
    Also, all Chase Continental Mastercard credit cards are automatically converted to United VISA credit cards;
    no introduction to benefits / new users guide / explanation or notice of any kind. Since I already had the United VISA
    I'll be cancelling & requesting a refund of annual fee ( we're talking about Chase here, so...:rolleyes: ) .

7. Ed Chandler
    Original Member

Ed Chandler Silver Member

Status Points:
    Curious, just started to read this thread as it's getting to be churn time. This was NOT my experience. I got a Chase United Mileage Plus Explorer MASTERCARD when it converted. So did the wife.

More curiosity, since I have the Mastercard and NOT the VISA, anyone know if that precluedes me from getting the VISA sign-up bonus? The dates and cut-offs and such listed above all seem to have to do with VISA to VISA conversions.