Consumer Reports - Chick-fil-A is the Number One Chicken Chain

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Dining' started by rwoman, Jun 30, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
  2. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Grew up in Atlanta and have always loved Chick-fil-a. I'd always be disappointed when we'd go to the mall to have Chick-fil-a for lunch, only to realize too late that it's Sunday. Seeing the security gates and darkened counter always made me sad. But now they're coming to Chicago - woohoo!

rwoman likes this.
  3. MyMiles&Points
    Original Member

MyMiles&Points Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I like the free sandwich or biscuit coupons they occasionally mail out

rwoman likes this.
  4. bakedpatato
    Original Member

bakedpatato Gold Member

Status Points:
    As a native Californian, I only got to enjoy the chikn goodness later on in my childhood.There is one at my local mall but I always forget about their Sunday policy. :cool:

rwoman likes this.
  5. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    My first CFA was at the Arundel Hills Mall near BWI. I was smitten with my first bite...can't go to BWI without a stop at the local CFA. FINALLY, they opened one near my home. It is now a weekly occurrence that doesn't require any BIS time!!!

rwoman likes this.
  6. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Pardon this Californian's ignorance - what's so special about them, other than the Sunday closure rule? I think I had a chicken sandwich at a mall in Minneapolis once, and it seemed to be nothing special. Any particular menu item I should try the next time I am in CFA territory?

7. Grace
    Original Member

Grace Silver Member

Status Points:
    I like how it isn't slathered with mayo. Just 2 pickle slices. I hate special ordering.

8. Jaimito Cartero
    Original Member

Jaimito Cartero Silver Member

Status Points:
    I find the chicken very juicy, with a great flavor. They have decent shakes, too. They regularly run coupons in my area. They also have a yearly calendar that has a coupon each month, usually with free items, NPN.

rwoman and garyst16 like this.
  9. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Fortunately, CFA is popping up again in various parts of California - it used to just be in a few mall locations. They had it in a mall in Salinas and I remember our Mom taking us when we were little because she likes their lemonade and chicken sandwich. Their chicken is well cooked and tasty. My favorite menu items are the chicken biscuit (breakfast), the chicken sandwich, and their shakes. Their waffle fries, chicken soup, and salads are pretty good too. :)

I think part of the appeal is that it's fresh, decent tasting fast food.

:)robin

10. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    They just recently opened one in Valencia at the Town Center Mall

rwoman likes this.
  11. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thx. None here in my neighborhood Bay Area/Peninsula according to their location locator (we're busy building In-N-Out burger restaurants), but I do see them occasionally when traveling.

rwoman likes this.
  12. techgirl
    Original Member

techgirl Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I love Chick-Fil-A and have two near my home. Their chicken is delicious (and as a rule, I'm not a chicken fan) and most of their items are not as unhealthy as other fast food. We just got a new one on my drive home from work - and they are putting an In-N-Out burger less than a block away - traffic is going to be CRAZY!

And of course, I always crave it on Sundays!!!

Grace and rwoman like this.
  13. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    In-n-Out is good though. :) There used to be a CFA in one of the malls in Fairfield. As far as I know though, most of the CFA's popping up in CA are standalone stores in SoCal. Lots of good options on the menu! :)

14. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    Won't eat there. Just can't spend $ at anyplace that is so blatantly is so anti anything but "Christian values" and spends money on, i.e,. (and the blatant history of this goes back for years) "In 2011, various news outletsreported that Chick-fil-A was co-sponsoring a marriage conferencealong with the Pennsylvania Family Institute,a 501(c)3 organization that seeks to "strengthen families by restoring to public life the traditional, foundational principles and values essential for the well-being of society". PFI filed an amicus brief against the trial ruling striking down Proposition 8 in California, and also lobbied against a state effort to ban discrimination in Pennsylvania on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity." (That is just one tiny example of what they do.)

If it was just deeply held personal values and they choose to close on Sunday, fine, so be it. When the discrimination is blatant and monies are used in a manner that is morally repugnant (well, not to them), my food $ goes elsewhere.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  15. carsonheim
    Original Member

carsonheim Gold Member

Status Points:
    love the spicy chicken sandwich!

Grace likes this.
  16. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not trying to be confrontational or anything, but I felt the same way about In-N-Out burgers after I had my first one about six months ago.

17. violist
    Original Member

violist Gold Member

Status Points:
    For me, Popeye's. CFA, whatever else you say for or against
    it, serves rather bland food.

18. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yep, Popeye's can really spice things up!