Conrad?

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by YOURGLOCKMAN, Jun 1, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. YOURGLOCKMAN

YOURGLOCKMAN Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have never stayed in the Conrad chain. If the rate was not too different between a Conrad and a Hilton across the street, would it be worth the adventure of a Conrad stay?

2. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    How about telling us the specific hotels involved?
    Conrads on the whole tend to be nicer properties than most Hiltons but depending on your status and your individual requirements one may suit you better than the other.

3. YOURGLOCKMAN

Status Points:
    The Hilton Hotel and Suites is right around the corner from the Conrad. Price difference is about $40, but the Conrad has mandatory valet parking which adds another $24. They are both in the downtown area and parking is limited. I have noticed the prices at the Conrads are quite a bit higher, but on the weekend, those prices are down to $109, with the Hilton Downtown at a special rate of $69. Probably will never stay at a Conrad at their normal rate, just thought this would be a good chance to say "Been there, done that."

4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    What city????

What does mandatory valet parking mean? What if you arrive by taxi, without a car? Even if you drive to the door, how can they prevent you from parking off property?

5. YOURGLOCKMAN

Status Points:
    I have a rental car, and the Conrad is located in the downtown district. There is no parking lot, no off site parking that is within reasonable walking distance. Basically, it is a building amongst other buildings. There is no option to park anywhere else if I stay here. The Hilton, located around the corner, does have a self parking garage for the hotel, but when I inquired about parking there and staying at the Conrad, I was told the parking garage is only for Hilton guest and the Conrad room key would not open the gates for entry/exit.

6. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    The city must be top secret ... Are you in the witness protection program? :D

Kalboz likes this.
  7. YOURGLOCKMAN

Status Points:
    Hey, your not too far off...did someone compromise my covert operations with the federal government?
    I carry 2 important pieces of ID.....my Glock and my Hilton Gold Card.
    Next week I will be in The WPP Mecca.......Des Moines , Iowa.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  8. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Based on the rates and the fact that there is a nearby Hilton Suites he can only be talking about the Conrad Indianapolis.
    Not sure why the great secrecy but now the cats out the bag.:)

I hope you are more circumspect with your other " secrets" :D

US Conrads pale to some of their overseas cousins sure they are better the most Hilton Suites.. but that said this property is perhaps the nicest of all the US Conrads ( well I havent stayed at the NYC hotel and there are only ..what four in the US) neither property has an executive lounge and the Conrad is definitely nicer is it worth $40 more? Only you can decide that especially if your stay is more than few days.

There are cheaper parking options nearby.

9. chitownflyer
    Original Member

chitownflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would recommend reading the tripadvisor.com reviews of the hotels which interest you, as this should provide an idea as to the feedback others have on the hotel.