Review Conrad Tokyo

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Singapore Flyer, May 11, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Singapore Flyer

Singapore Flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    We just checked in after 3 nights at the PH, in a suite no less, and the room is nice at the Conrad and the service has been ok but it is quite noticeable off a drop off. This isn't a DYKWIA but I was waiting for agent for a solid 4-5 minutes and the concierge comes over and says someone will be with you shortly. A minute later he motions me over to check me in himself. I just thought it was very odd for him to do that.

This was a redemption at the 50k point before the increase in points for the standard bay view double. Looks just like the pictures. I am a gold due to the credit card with multiple stays this year as well. I was hoping for the lounge and sort of thought it would be a done deal since everyone I personally know has been given EL as a gold including myself at other Asian locations. No. Not available. They gave me two vouchers for continental breakfast at the restaurant for two ppl. We have three. The way they identify it - he stamped my room key card with the number two next to it. Is it me or should the Conrad be a bit more sophisticated?

However, I appreciated the agent that came up with me to show me the room and explain everything. Bonus points for being from NYC and having a self deprecating sense if humor. I do miss it when I travel. She was the 3rd US raised and educated agent on this trip. It helps with the transition.

image-1968459433.jpg

image-1609769518.jpg

image-1265349049.jpg

image-3667793339.jpg

image-1245065900.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

whkento, lsed and uggboy like this.
  2. lsed

lsed Silver Member

Status Points:
    Looks pretty much the same as an executive room.
    Stayed there too but had to press for an upgrade to executive level.

The room looks about the same actually. Bathroom looks identical, I'm seeing the same Aromatherapy Associates toiletries in your picture too.

Lounge is rather tiny but the service is not too bad. Small selection of canapes during evening cocktail hour but some items were delightful.

Now I have a GLON booked for 7 nights next year for my mother for cherry blossom season. I've got a feeling they're not going to give the upgrade again.

Singapore Flyer and uggboy like this.
  3. Singapore Flyer

Singapore Flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Maybe i should have pressed harder. :p especially since I didn't get much. Maybe upgraded to the bay but they didn't mention it. As for the aromatherapy. My wife took a small sample and asked me to break out the Aesop bath amenities from PH. The fragrance wasn't to her liking.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

4. LIH Prem
    Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think that property is overrated. It's very nice, just not the nirvana people say it is. It's not nearly as nice as the PHT.

Last time I checked in at the Conrad Tokyo, I'm gold like you, my friend an HH Diamond, should have been sent up to the exec lounge to checkin there, but was shunted to the couches in the lobby, she even tried to ask about checkin in the exec lobby and they ignored her until it was her turn at the counter. The FDCs are not impressed by top tier status there.

Also they shared with us that at any time, a large percentage of their rooms are occupied by HHonors redemptions. That's why they don't give Golds access to the exec lounge there. There's too many of us. Fortunately I was able to piggyback into the lounge with my friend last time.

-David

5. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, that might change now. Hopefully for them they will be able to replace the award guests with revenue guests.

6. whkento
    Original Member

whkento Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the review. I'm hoping the service is better than you described.

I just booked two reward nights there in January for my family. Are there any particular amenities / services / food, etc. that you recommend we try out? We are staying there as sort of a research project. We are looking at going to the Maldives in the future and want to choose carefully which place we end up in. We liked the St. Regis Osaka and that'll be our primary basis for comparison, along with a few other places we've stayed.

-Kent

Singapore Flyer likes this.