Conrad Tokyo

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by LIH Prem, Apr 2, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. LIH Prem
    Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

Status Points:
    Had a points stay at the Conrad Tokyo as a gold hhonors member.

Pics are here: https://picasaweb.google.com/106681454868280164799/ConradTokyoFeb2012?authuser=0&feat=directlink

I did a gold challenge specifically for this stay. I was not upgraded to an exec floor, though I did have a nice view room. I got continental breakfast (everything on the buffet except the hot items) and free internet. The stay was bracketed by nights at the fabulous PHT, and that's pretty tough competition. I used the takyubin services to transfer my rollaboard between the properties. Both properties arranged it for me and took care of everything. The cost was around 1300 yen. Just make sure you specify same day service, and it will arrive by 6pm, provided you drop it off before the service's cutoff time in the morning.

-David

yunicorner, akuroda, Kalboz and 5 others like this.
  2. HiIslands
    Original Member

HiIslands Silver Member

Status Points:
    Nice photos! Thanks for sharing.

Kalboz and LIH Prem like this.
  3. JennB
    Original Member

JennB Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the pics!

I'm looking forward to a stay there later this year.

4. PedroNY
    Original Member

PedroNY Silver Member

Status Points:
    Lovely hotel, thank you for the post! So no access to the lounge for Gold members?

Kalboz and LIH Prem like this.
  5. LIH Prem
    Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's "subject to availability" and they said it wasn't available. Hopefully you will have better luck. The breakfast was nice, and I thought the rubber ducky and the little bears were a nice touch and made nice souvenirs of my stay.

-David

Kalboz, PedroNY and sobore like this.
  6. PedroNY
    Original Member

PedroNY Silver Member

Status Points:
    We stayed here a couple of years ago, it was a wonderful hotel, we have those bears and that Tokyo King Duck toy as well. I was luck with Diamond status as we used that lounge extensively, I just remember that a couple of other Americans were staying there, with Gold status, and they were able to use the lounge -- I guess they made an exception for them.

Cheers,

PedroNY

Kalboz likes this.
  7. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes indeed great photos ... thanks for sharing! :)

LIH Prem likes this.
  8. luv2travel

luv2travel Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just got done with a 7 night/8 day stay here a few days ago. I used a combination of points and free hotel certificates from a prior promotion. I am a Diamond and was upgraded to the Executive Floor (Floor 37). This Conrad hotel was exceptional.

First, the interior of the hotel is very sleek and modern - the hallways look like something out of the movie "Inception". Additionally, the rooms themselves are very large and well-detailed. We had a city view and it was breathtaking - especially in the evenings. Personally, I loved the rain showerheads in the shower and the extra special touches - like the Conrad Tokyo bears and duck! We also had chocolates and a nice note from the GM on our first night.

The Executive Lounge was wonderful. They have breakfast, afternoon tea, and evening cocktails. We visited during each of the different times. Breakfast was small meats, cheeses, cereals, breads, juices, and you could get eggs cooked any way you would like. Afternoon tea consisted of sodas, teas, and light refreshments. Evening cocktails had a wide variety of liquors, wine, and champagne (there was no limit and there was no fee) and chocolates.

The ladies in the lounge were very helpful in getting around Tokyo and in planning one-day trips to places like Kyoto and Kamakura. Their English was much better than what we experienced out in the city. The hotel is also right on top of a metro stop (Shiodome) which makes life super easy. In addition, trains to other areas can be caught just a short walk away at Shimbashi Station. The location was excellent.

Overall, I would return to this property. The hardest part was initially getting to the property...because I refused to pay 25,000 yen for a cab. So...we decided to take the Airport Limousine (which is really a bus) and it only cost 3,000 yen per person and it drops you off right at the hotel. It took about an hour and a half. I think you could also take the Narita Express train to Tokyo station...but I'm not sure...either way it all worked out. We caught the bus back to the airport from the hotel as well which was very convenient.

Definitely would love the return!

yunicorner, PedroNY and HiIslands like this.
  9. 737823

737823 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've stayed here twice and have nothing but great things to say. Perhaps it's not the most luxurious hotel in Tokyo and location is a bit isolated but all around it's a great property. Both times on award stays as a Gold I was upgraded to a bay view executive room. The hotel is holding up well and is coming up on seven years.