Conrad Sanya: Best HHonors Property In the World

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Weatherboy, Sep 23, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Weatherboy

Weatherboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm not one that uses superlatives much, but after visiting this just-under-3-year-old property on China's southeast coast, I just had to.

I hit the HHonors jackpot...and used points prior to the Big Devaluation of '13 to book a standard room...but was upgraded all the way up to a beachfront villa thanks to Diamond status ...and it being my birthday :) The villa now goes for 183,845 points/night.

The villas are immaculate, providing an experience similar but unique to other HHonors villa properties like the Conrad Maldives or Hilton Seychelles. While the Conrad Maldives' Deluxe Beach Villa remains my favorite accommodations in the Hilton family, when combined with the service, food/drink options and quality, and overall value, the Sanya resort wins hands-down.

While I was concerned only knowing English would be a problem at this resort since it caters primarily to Chinese mainlanders, I was pleasantly surprised by the number of staff that spoke English ...and did so proficiently. I had no problems understanding anyone on the resort grounds...nor did anyone have a problem understanding me.

Service was top-notch: super-friendly, warm, and proactive ...at every level too, ranging from housekeeping to the resort restaurants to the front desk/concierge staff. Some things popped up during my stay that the resort took care of proactively, even before I had a chance to know/worry.

Restaurants were excellent, with the main eatery, Teatro, absolutely delicious. As a Diamond guest/villa guest, you get a breakfast there included ...as well as afternoon tea and evening cocktails. The breakfast was the best I've had in the Hilton family: delicious, fresh, with numerous options ...all prepared perfectly. In addition to a buffet, there was a good menu to chose from...ranging from delicious sirloin steaks ...to regional Chinese specialities. All included in the breakfast offering. The afternoon and evening drink services were ridiculous: above/beyond bottomless glasses, there was a steady stream of bite-sized goodies coming from the kitchen to compliment the beverages. You could easily skip lunch and dinner if you wanted to and simply enjoy these daytime specials!

Other perks included unlimited complimentary minibar, daily laundry service, daily snack platters and fruit bowls sent to the villa, and a bottle of wine to kick off the stay.

All in all, an exceptional room, awesome service, and the best food I've had make this a stunning place to stay.

gleff, Sweet Willie, Kalboz and 5 others like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Amazing! Thanks for your report! :)

Kalboz likes this.
  3. Weatherboy

Weatherboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I also took a ton of pictures including the current resort map, but I don't think there's an easy way to get pics on here without uploading them someplace else.

Kalboz and uggboy like this.
  4. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can upload pictures directly from your hard drive. You just need to resize them first so that they meet MP's image size limit.

I have been too lazy to do my trip report, but I too did spend some time on Sanya (Yalong Bay) late last year. However, I stayed at the Hilton Sanya Resort and Spa. I will do a report soon but below is a preview of Hilton Sanya Resort and Spa that gives a sense of just what a wondrous place it is. It's worth gushing about! Sanya has been dubbed China's answer to Hawaii, and it might just get to be that with time. Check it out (this is uploaded straight from my hard drive):

HILTON-STX.jpg

Cheers!

mtlfire, Kalboz and uggboy like this.
  5. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Weatherboy, you can upload up to 200 photos on Flickr for free.

Here is a collection "parked" at Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=Conrad Sanya&ss=2&s=int

uggboy and NYCUA1K like this.
  6. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    uggboy and Kalboz like this.
  7. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    resort:resort comparison, sure, but otherwise doubtful, unless there are the level of activities around Sanya comparable to Hawaii.
    thanks for the report. Did you do anything off resort? what types of restaurants/activities are there nearby?

uggboy and NYCUA1K like this.
  8. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    They are working on beefing up the levels activity greatly in coming years, as I hope to report soon with pics. Construction of high rises and other properties could be seen all along the highway from the airport to the resorts -- a 45-min cab ride.

Sweet Willie and uggboy like this.
  9. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    I hope you do get the chance to do so.

Again, not knowing much about Sanya, I find it hard to believe that Sanya has the natural beauty attractions that Hawaii does (such as Volcanoes National Park, Wimea Canyon, Nā Pali Coast, Pala’au State Park, road to Hana, etc etc), let alone the plethora of cheap ono kine grindz.

As you can tell my personal preference is not to be tied to a resort and I picture Sanya to be nothing much more than a resort after resort destination (sterile perhaps?), albeit a palm tree laden one w/warm weather.

PedroNY and uggboy like this.
  10. PedroNY
    Original Member

PedroNY Silver Member

Status Points:
    Agreed... Hawaii has so much to offer, I just wish Hilton properties still had lounges and free breakfast (full board), they really cut all of that out for Diamond/Gold members.

Cheers,

PedroNY

Sweet Willie likes this.