Conrad Istanbul

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by JDiver, Feb 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. JDiver
    Original Member

JDiver Silver Member

Status Points:
    Conrad Istanbul
    Cihannuma Mah. Saray Cad. No:5 Beşiktaş
    34353 Istanbul, Turkey
    Tel. +90 212 310 2525; Fax +90 212 227 3407

We stayed at the end of summer in 2010 on a four night prepaid rate, and used Iberia (SFO-ORD-MAD-IST) and primepass CIP service to transit the airport painlessly. (primepass personnel met us, carted us around, secured out $20 "on arriva;" visa and cut queues for us like mad - in ten minutes we were on our way in their Mercedes to our hotel; we chose not to use the primepass lounge as an arrivals lounge so we could get to the hotel.)

We received what we requested, a Non-smoking King "City" view Executive room on the 15th floor, but on the south side - views of the park and Barbaros Ave., as opposed to north views of the Bosphorus bridge. (The hotel was chockers, so no upgrade to the much desired Bosphorus view, though using the Lounge coputer I have seen a number of people whingeing for upgrades - some with status, some without, most silver or less asking for upgrades, Lounge access, etc. Lots of DYKWIA going on here!

I think the views are better than the Hilton's, the clientele seems more international (not so many Americans, any number of Europeans, some Israelis on business, a variety of Middle-Eastern and locals - women wearing everything from shorts and skimpy dresses to salwar kameez, burqa, jilbab, hijab and even full niqab (face veil) even in the lounge - some of the women were definitely taking advantage of every goodie in the lounge except alcohol, left largely to the menfolk.

The lounge staff was superb, with one exception. The lounge has a succession of meal options, from a bare Continental breakfast mornings (a huge splash Turkish breakfast is served in the 14th floor lounge, however, and it is a very nice one!) to English tea, to "happy hour" with a spread of hot and cold hors d'oeuvres, decent Turkish wines (yes, they do exist) and other beverages. The lounge (and 14th floor breakfast) is really angles toward some of the best Hilton property lounges.

LOUNGE SCHEDULE:
    06:30 - 11:00 Continental breakfast in 15th floor Club Lounge​
    06:30 - 11:00 Full complimentary breakfast in 14th floor​
    11:00 - 15:00 Cheese, olives selections with grissini​
    15:00 - 18:00 English high tea service​
    18:00 - 20:00 Happy Hour with hot snacks and canapés (and beers, wines, etc.)​
    Selection of beverages available throughout the day
    Cable and wireless Internet free
    Concierge services
    International newspapers and magazines
    (Served to you and one guest; additional guests' consumption can be charged to one's room. F&B may not be removed from Lounge. Business or smart casual attire requested.)

Beautiful Bosphorus / Asia views!

The lounge offers free WiFi and two computers, available early mornings but quickly getting quite busy.

There is a cash machine downstairs, BTW, and there are HSBC and other bank cash machines / ATMs in the airport arrivals area.

The location is really great - walkable (5-10 minutes) to the Beşiktaş ferry terminal, a bit longer to the Dolmabahçe Palace (toward old city) or longer yet past Ciragan / Kempinski to the pleasantly shady and view-full restaurants at Ortaköy. The ferry to Eminönü is the easiest way to access Sultanahmet. And there are literally dozens of places to eat nearby, from cheap Döner kebab places to Pizza Hut and Starbucks, but Istiklal Kad., Ortaköy and others offer much more. Highly recommended!

We really enjoyed our stay at the Conrad. Lounge staff were knowledgeable and helpful, the Club Lounge well-stocked and came off quite well contrasted with the Athens Hilton, for example.

primeclass CIP (Commercial Important Person) service: http://www.primeclass.com.tr/en

2. Hi, I can see it is an old post, but if I may ask have anyone heard or tried the service of this company Tav Prime Class? Are they the same as the one described above? The prices they gave me are slightly better but if anyone can give me additional information on them would be great. Thanks.