Conrad Chicago

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by SteveCMI, Feb 15, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. SteveCMI

SteveCMI Active Member

Status Points:
    I can't say enough about this property. I've stayed at all Hilton properties in the downtown area over the years and can honestly say that the most consistant experience, bar none, has been at the Conrad. Location is great, self-parking across street in Nordstrom's garage with 5th floor lobby accessable via elevator from garage and NorthBridge mall w/o going outside. Self park is now validated with in/out privileges. I'm diamond and have had 100% suite upgrade success at least over the past two years.
    No, it doesn't have an executive lounge but you do get certs for breakfast and fruit plate and Voss/Figi waters as a welcome.
    As I opened with, the key is consistancy. No surprises. Friendliness of staff, Impecible housekeeping, etc.

2. it'ship2b^2
    Original Member

it'ship2b^2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Have you had any award stays there? If so, were you upgraded? Is the Conrad a good use of a Q3FN for a weekend shopping trip?

3. SteveCMI

SteveCMI Active Member

Status Points:
    I have stayed on two award stays and have been upgraded on each of them. One was a regular one night award, another was from one of the 2010 promos. On the last award stay I combined the free night cert with a paid room at the State rate and requested connecting rooms. I was given a corner suite with the connecting room. I made note of the request in my reservation request and it was honored. The location is super for shopping and dining. All within reasonable walking distances. Joe's Seafood, Chicago's branch of Joe's Stone Crab of Miami, is directly across the street, I highly recommend it for both seafood, espeially the stone crab and prime steaks.