Review Conrad Bali

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by RestlessLocationSyndrome, May 3, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    Recently returned from a 1 week trip at the Conrad Bali which was great. The resort is located near the Nusa Dua area but is actually outside the gates of Nusa Dua at the southern part of Tanjung Benoa which is the peninsula just to the North of Nusa Dua. It was actually nice to be located there as you could walk out of the resort right into some local stores and restaurants including a few convenience stores, restaurants (Queen's Indian restaurant was very good) and Rumah Spa.

The resort has several pools including a large main one, another that winds around the main area and one that is limited for Conrad Suites guests. The resort is also right on the beach which is nice for people who want to go out to the beach for water activities but there are no waves so surfing is not one of them. While considering whether or not to stay on the resort for dining / activites or not, HHonors Diamonds and guests with club lounge access get 15% off all dining and spa treatments.

The service at the resort was very good and friendly. Great help and responsiveness from housekeeping and facilities as well as from the front desk and concierge. In one instance, the representatives did not know how to figure out a few complicated charges due to our group / event activities but they did figure out the issue by the next morning when we went back to resolve it so overall, a good experience from the staff.

The room was terrific. We got upgraded to an ocean view suite for our event and it included a very nice bathroom as well as a separate living room with living area and dining area. The dining area came in handy when playing cards w/ friends/family and the living area was great when hanging out with a group. The view was great and looked onto the pool area off one balcony and of the beach and ocean off the other. With a resort that is east facing without any obstructions, it led to numerous beautiful sunrises where we would see several guests venture out early to take photos.

We had breakfast at Suku every morning and the buffet spread is quite impressive. We did get tired of it but who wouldn't over 1 week. There were numerous stations and food from multiple cultures with some that also rotated daily which kept things interesting. Funny enough, they seem to serve bread pudding at breakfast so I tended to indulge and frequently got the Rum Raisin bread pudding and poured Vanilla sauce over it. We also had a dinner at Rin which was the Japanese restaurant on site. The food was presented very well and the food was decent but it didn't stand out to me. It took awhile for the food to come out but it is a small restaurant and our table of 12 sat down at the same time as the other table of 6 so I'm sure we ended up crushing the kitchen all at the same time. The plus is that if you want to have a long leisurely dinner chatting with family and friends, this turned out to be great.

Jiwa Spa was a nice facility which included a sauna, steam room, hot tub, cold plunge and private pool. There are numerous treatment rooms and the one we had for our 4 hr treatment (it doesn't show up on the current menu but is in their old menu as well as through the Conrad app for iPad) included a tub and showers to cover the many different treatments. Our treatment was great and was a great way to relax after 24 hrs of travel. Although it is more expensive than going off site to a nearby spa, you just can't compare the facilities and the convenience and relaxation that occurs when simply walking to the spa in a robe.

Overall, a fantastic and memorable trip. It's important that when you select a nice resort for an important / group / event, that the resort delivers on the service, facilities and overall experience and the Conrad Bali definitely did.

Zomby Woof, LeeInDC and uggboy like this.
  2. LeeInDC

LeeInDC Silver Member

Status Points:
    Nice review. I stayed there last fall. The hotel was completely full due to a large conference so no upgrades but even the standard room was very nice. And mine was right off part of the lagoon pool that just kept going and going all around the resort so that was a nice bonus. The only downside was the distance from Nusa Dua to other parts of the island I wanted to visit. But I knew that going in. And having a lazy day in one of the beachfront cabanas was worth the extra traffic on other days!

3. LeeInDC

LeeInDC Silver Member

Status Points:
    And for those who may want a cheaper spa experience I highly recommend Jari Menari, which has a location just across the road from the Conrad. Go for the four hands.

Putra likes this.
  4. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Any photos?

5. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    Also forgot to mention the option of requesting Shanghai Tang Mandarin Tea toiletries which smell great and are quite nice.

image-935544237.jpg

image-2217372160.jpg

image-1657613937.jpg

image-3468720363.jpg

image-2783781497.jpg

image-1446860209.jpg

image-1704317769.jpg

Attached Files:

Counsellor and uggboy like this.
  6. hungl99

hungl99 Active Member

Status Points:

Dear RestlessLocationSyndrome, milepoint,

Did you get free upgrade to ocean suite as Hilton gold member?

I currently booked "Deluxe ocean king" for 5 nights under PREMIUM ROOM REWARDS. I've just achieved my Diamond status last month. Do you think if there is a good chance that they will upgrade me to a suite?

7. markcwj

markcwj Silver Member

Status Points:
    Why don't you try dropping an email to the hotel. I have found that to be infinitely useful especially when planning for a special trip (e.g. birthdays or anniversaries). :)

I really enjoyed my time in a Deluxe Ocean View room in February and will be revisiting sometime in November for their suites!

Trip Report: http://www.theshutterwhale.com/blog/2014/3/11/conrad-bali

[​IMG]

8. RCTP

RCTP Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sorry for bringing up this thread.

1. I've booked myself a 3 nights stay in april and the only suites option left was 2 twin beds. During the booking process, I've requested for a single king bed. At the same time, i hope to be able to get an ocean view suite. Will I be able to request for a change or upgrade?

I'm HH Gold if it matters.

2. Airport transfer: Dont seem to be able to find this option at conrad bali's website. So not sure if i'm blind or it has been removed. I would like to arrange for airport transfer via conrad bali as much as possible. any advice on the price?

3. My flight will be arriving at 8am and departing bali at 4pm. What are the chances of them accommodating my early check in and late check out request?

4. (Not so important). Does the TV in the suite allows VGA inputs and/or play video files (avi, mpeg4, etc)?

Thanks in advance.

9. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    You might well be upgraded but, as I'd previously reported, you will not have ocean view because few of their suites offer such a view. Below is the layout of Conrad Bali. All their suites are in building IV (top right) and only few have ocean view and will likely be occupied. It is one of the properties where I actually declined a suite upgrade after I requested it and was warned that I would not have a view of the ocean. I chose to stay in my original "upgrade" in building I (lower left), which had ocean view and loved it...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016