Connection time in Mumbai?

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | India' started by SFOPeter, Nov 27, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. SFOPeter
    Original Member

SFOPeter Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am flying from Jaipur->Mumbai, and then taking a 2:45am British Airways flight home. Am wondering how many hours ahead I should land in Mumbai? Ideally would take the Jet Airways flight that lands at 10:30pm, which would leave 4 hours for a layover, but am concerned since FlightStats says that flights into Mumbai are chronically late. My BA tix are F award tix so missing that flight is not an option. What do you guys think?

2. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Published minimum connecting time domestic -> international at BOM is a whopping 2.5 hours. GIve yourself more than that, a late arriving inbound flight on separate ticket creates problems. If it's a BA-issued award you cannot make changes to it within 24 hours of departure. If you miss your flight you're toast. Of course 9W only has 2 flights a day JAI-BOM AFAIK, one in the morning which won't do you much good. There's a mid-afternoon AI flight, an 11h connection at BOM doesn't sound like fun. I suppose I'd say that I'd go with the 4h connection you propose...

SFOPeter likes this.
  3. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Other suggestion. When you land in the domestic terminal do take a taxi to the international terminal. To queue and take their intra-terminal shuttle is horrendous and can take hours!

(Posted from my milePoint enabled iPhone)

SFOPeter and gleff like this.
  4. SFOPeter
    Original Member

SFOPeter Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks guys, the taxi idea is a good one. But I didn't realize that the BA award ticket is completely toast if flight is missed. Going to go the safe route - fly in early, drop luggage off at int'l terminal, and spend another day in Mumbai! :) Now I still gotta go unwind the frickin Kingfisher tix I have for the other parts of the itinerary. :) SFOPeter

ACMM likes this.
  5. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you have enough time - to go Juhu Beach - and enjoy some local foods at the outdoor food court - very good and very cheap ...