Connection/Lounge in ZRH

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by ducster, Oct 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. ducster
    Original Member

ducster Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm not that familiar with Zurich Airport, so wondering about a connection I have coming up. I'll be flying in from TLV in C on the morning flight and connecting to LHR 2 hours later. Since neither is Schengen, do I still have to go through passport control? Also, will I be changing terminals? FInally, which lounge should I try to use, especially to take a shower?

Thanks in advance!

2. NewbieRunner
    Original Member

NewbieRunner Gold Member

Status Points:
    No need to go through passport control if connecting from non-Schengen to non-Schengen. TLV flight will arrive at an E gate and LHR flight will leave from a B bus gate. Pier E and the rest of the airport are connected by Skymetro aka Heidi's train. Until December there's no lounge in non-Schengen other than Panorama Lounge in Pier E, but I don't think it has showers. The only lounges with showers are in Schengen and you will have to go through passport control to get there.

ducster likes this.
  3. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Also the Business lounge in Schengen only has 2 showers so it can be a bit of a wait.

ducster likes this.
  4. ducster
    Original Member

ducster Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks very much for the info.