Connection in HKG

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by TUMD, Jul 7, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. TUMD

TUMD Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am planning my trip back from the Maldives and connecting through HKG on CX. I was wondering how much time I would need between flights. There is a MLE-HKG that arrives at 8:15am and then a flight from HKG-LAX at 9:30am. That would give me 1 hour and 15 minutes. Would this be enough time?

If I can make this connection I can fly 1st Class, otherwise I would fly on the next flight at Noon in Business. It is my Honeymoon so I am try to pull out all the stops!

2. TUMD

TUMD Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would be arriving in HKG on CX business class from MLE.

3. TUMD

TUMD Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well hopefully it's fine because I decided to just go ahead and book it haha

4. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    It should be fine as long as you don't get two gates that are far from each other since HKIA is pretty huge.

5. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think you should be OK. You won't need to go through immigration, and the CX aircraft has a fairly long sit at MLE so there's no reason it shouldn't leave on time and be punctual. Anyway if you are on ticket, it will be CX's responsibility to rebook you. The only unfortunate thing is that you won't have much time at the CX lounge in HKG.

TUMD likes this.
  6. TUMD

TUMD Silver Member

Status Points:
    So we won't have to go through security? Just gate to gate?....yeah, it's ashamed I won't really be able to see the lounge but hopefully next time.

7. konoyaro

konoyaro Silver Member

Status Points:
    You will have to go through security and present your onward ticket.

8. jonspencer

jonspencer Silver Member

Status Points:
    they have concierge service with golf cart transport to take you to your gate if you are running late, costs +/- USD 8