Connecting to BMI from CO in LHR Friday.

Discussion in 'bmi | Diamond Club' started by mht_flyer, Feb 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Quick question, does the lounge have showers?

Also how is the food and lounge in general in LHR?

Thanks all!

2. FlyingOnceMore
    Original Member

FlyingOnceMore Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Star Alliance Lounge is fine, nothing fancy, but has showers and some hot food. You don't say whether you're connecting to bmi domestic or international? That's important as it will determine which bmi lounge you can access and, therefore, the facilties available.

3. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm connecting to DUB, so I guess considered international.

Basics are fine, as long as I can shower, I'll be a happy person :)

4. FlyingOnceMore
    Original Member

FlyingOnceMore Silver Member

Status Points:
    You guess wrong. DUB is considered domestic for ex. LHR departures and thus for bmi Lounge purposes too; it's the only one to which you have access. As the bmi Domestic Lounge, 'The London Room', has neither showers nor food beyond crappy pre-packaged nibbles, I suggest you hang out in the Star Alliance Lounge, get a shower and some food, then make your way through the Domestic ID Check and either head straight to the gate or go a little earlier for the a sit down in the bmi Domestic Lounge.

mht_flyer and GoldCircle like this.
  5. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, that is the plan then. Thanks for your help.

6. From NYC
    Original Member

From NYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    The BMI domestic lounge does have some nice cold bottled beers while you wait, or coffee/espresso machines; some cereals in the morning. Otherwise, not much there. Same thing was true on the Dublin side, though I haven't been there since the new terminal opened.

7. karenkay
    Original Member

karenkay Gold Member

Status Points:
    quick hijack of this thread...i'm doing something similar, but on UA (ORD-LHR-EDI) and i'm wondering how i'll be able to get to the *a lounge for that all-important shower. (*gold, rcc, but traveling entirely in y).

don't pax have to go straight to immigration, or is there a way to stay airside to get to the lounge?

8. From NYC
    Original Member

From NYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    If I remember correctly, there's an airside immigration for connecting passengers.

I'm not sure where the *a lounge is, but at least you won't be wasting time jumping from Terminal 4 to Terminal 1, the way arriving on CO would. It might be a long ways away from the BMI domestic lounge, thereby undoing all the good effects of your shower. Given the title of this thread, posting here might not be the best way to get a more precise answer.

karenkay likes this.
  9. unityofsaints

unityofsaints Active Member

Status Points:
    The BMI lounge hasn't changed since T2 opened, Continental gives you access to both it and the EI lounge now though.