Connecting thru ATL - legal times

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by chef4u, Jul 25, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. chef4u
    Original Member

chef4u Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is a 35 minute connection in ATL a legal time? I'm arriving in the South Terminal and am flying out of the International to YYZ. Any thoughts/suggestions?

2. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    T gates to E/F I'd say no. 50 Minutes would be fine, but I'm assuming it takes 10 minutes to get off the plane, 15 minutes (best) to get to the new gate)and your cutting it really really close.

3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think the OP's question was about legal MCT connections, not what's wise.

Googling minimum connection times should leads to a list of MCTs for most airports. If you pay for EF, you can find the info there. However, no airline should sell tickets or offer connections on a single itinerary that would vioalte MCT. If you have two separate tickets/PNRs, you need to allow a lot more than MCT.

4. Gtitan
    Original Member

Gtitan Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's good advice my learned friend, but I use to advise people to connect in MEM, DTW or MSP, if they could help it. ;)

ConsultingChris likes this.
  5. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    Twenty two minutes from Concourse A to Concourse E gate 12, is what I measured (last week) Arriving on a 6AM flight out of LGA, onwards to the islands. However, this was one of the best timings because there was a train just arriving which I hopped on to, shaving off few minutes. Worst case scenario would be approx 45 minutes.

According to Allstays

Delta website is pretty silent on MCT w.r.t ATL

6. ConsultingChris

ConsultingChris Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would watch DTW. Too much CRJ metal coming and going to be reliable. Due to APU issues last week on a CRJ, our flight was delayed for over an hour and a 53 minute layover became 5. The pilots burned some fuel getting us to DTW 40 minutes faster than scheduled, but I still had to run to get to the gate before they closed the door.

7. traveller99

traveller99 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Interesting information. Looking at LSE-ATL-CUN in November. Delta offering itins with 46 min and 54 min layovers in ATL.