Connecting from AA Terminal 4 to Bradley for seniors

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by ClarkyBoy, May 6, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. ClarkyBoy
    Original Member

ClarkyBoy Silver Member

Status Points:
    All,

My elderly parents will be flying SFO-LAX-TLV tomorrow and i'm trying to find out the easiest way to change terminal from (what I understand will be terminal 4) to the International terminal.

I understand there is no more tunnels or direct connection - and can't find on the LAX website any other info other than step outside the terminal and walk?

Thanks for all the LAX Experts in advance.

ClarkyBoy

2. timfrost

timfrost Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's not a particularly long walk... the only thing I can think of offhand is the LAX Terminal connection bus, which goes in a loop the opposite direction from T4... from there the bus visits T5,6,7,1,2,3, then TBIT, which could be a 15 minute trip and if the bus is full they may have to stand anyway. Provided they are checking their larger luggage items through with the AA-LY codeshare, if they are even remotely ambulatory I think they would be able to make the walk.

If they were flying into T7 and out of TBIT, I'd say take the bus, but in this case that seems like more trouble than it is worth.

If they are truly incapable of walking this distance, I'd recommend having them contact one of the AA Representatives at T4 and seeing what can be arranged. I'm sure there is a way to make the transfer for people who can't walk or catch the bus.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Ter...c3443cdea88a65f!2m2!1d-118.409224!2d33.943749

flyforawg likes this.
  3. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    My recommendation to the OP would be to arrange in advance for AA assistance. From my recent experience, LAX is now a very chaotic and unpleasant dump.

4. flyforawg

flyforawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    Agree. Anyone needed any kind of assistance should not attempt this on their own.

Efilon87 and MX like this.
  5. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    An understatement, sadly. I just got back on Friday and I don't wanna see that place ever again... this after swearing it off last time, of course. :)

flyforawg, Max M and MX like this.
  6. Max M

Max M Gold Member

Status Points:
    Completely agree here, as well.

Arrange for AA 5 Star Services to assist:

http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/fivestarservice.jsp

Even though their flight is on El Al, 5 Star Services still should be willing to assist since their first flight was on AA.

We used 5 Star Services just a year ago when flying DFW-LAX-PPT and the 5 Star Services employee took us over to TBIT, assisted us with check-in with Air Tahiti Nui, and got us through security at TBIT.

AA 5 Star Services is worth every penny for connections at LAX that involve TBIT.

viguera likes this.
  7. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'll go one further... if you don't have status (and sometimes even if you do) 5 Star is worth it and then some. It's pricey, but well worth it.

Max M likes this.
  8. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    I tried to restrain myself from using more descriptive language. ;) During my last experience there for example I was forcibly intercepted on my way to the checkin line by an idiot airport greeter, and sent on a ridiculous path that got me to the same line half a mile and 20 minutes later.

flyforawg likes this.
  9. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    WOW I've always disliked LAX but it sounds like it has gotten markedly worse in the last few years!

10. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hasn't there been lots of construction going on, including AA's T4? Coming into immigration last Christmas required a bus from T4 Gate 41 all the way around TBIT, only to walk back to the center of TBIT to clear passport control and pick up bags.

Flying DL out of T5 and T6 last month was pretty normal; still some construction going on, but no complaints.

viguera likes this.
  11. janejanejane

janejanejane Silver Member

Status Points:
    Walking there is the quickest as TBIT is right next to T4. Step out of T4 and make a left. Otherwise, I'd ask AA for two wheelchairs and ask them to push to the front of TBIT. The LAX terminal bus is also an option, but it does take time and waiting is another hassle and looking out for it is also a hassle (at least for my parents).