Connecting at DUS

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by chz2215, Dec 10, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. chz2215

chz2215 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Anyone have experience connecting from AA to Air Berlin in DUS? I am looking at an itinerary with only 1:15 connection time coming in from ORD and connecting to STR. Wondering if that is way too short to chance booking.

Newscience likes this.
  2. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    My parents connected at DUS once, and commented that it was an easy and efficient process. Also, inter-German AB flights usually run frequently (every 2-3 hrs or so). SO even if your TATL flight is delayed, the risk of a major schedule disruption is small.

Newscience likes this.
  3. flynhwn

flynhwn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Side note:
    Admirals Club or Platinum status gets you in the Air Berlin Club.
    A very nice club. Food and drinks are complimentary.

Newscience likes this.
  4. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    1:15 is plenty of time in DUS. I've had 40 minutes connections there many times.

Newscience likes this.
  5. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    We had a connection from DUS to WAW last year with less than an hour (45-50 minutes, IIRC) on LH, and all went quite well, with no stress in catching our follow-on flight. Since then, I did hear one concerning story from a colleague about flight connections on AB, but that may have been an anomaly. At any rate, I've never missed an international connection in Europe with a 75 minute connection time, and hope that's not solely due to luck! ;)

6. chz2215

chz2215 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. I'm a US chairman and since I posted this question I found a great business fare on SQ into FRA so I will do that and take the train. That way I can experience SQ before US leaves Star Alliance.

Newscience likes this.