Connect Plus Internet at Courtyard Detroit

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by manfromkrypton, Apr 16, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. manfromkrypton
    Original Member

manfromkrypton Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am at the Courtyard Detroit, and I saw two options for internet - one was for Connect, and another Connect Plus. the former was free for all guests, and the latter was $6.95 (there was no signage that it would be free for elite members, so will post here again when I check out and see what posts to my bill). I have two computers for work, so I signed on each one. Side by side, I did a comparison. Connect came in at 0.9 Mbps. Connect Plus came in at 1.2 Mbps. Not much different really (over 3 different speedtest.net attempts). This was at 11pm, and I am pretty close to the WiFi router (based on signal strength. The hotel is also sold out, so assuming a lot of business travelers online tonight.

Just wanted to share my experience, and see if anyone else has any of their experiences to share. Is Connect Plus coming up at different properties? Do you see a speed boost? Is it worth paying the extra $7? Do elite members get it for free?

2. nickfromct

nickfromct Silver Member

Status Points:
    Would you even notice a .3 Mbps increase? I'm not a computer expert, but that does seem like a waste of $7.

3. manfromkrypton
    Original Member

manfromkrypton Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just an update - when I checked out, there was no charge for the $7, so it looks like its comped for elite members.