Congratulations! Your Platinum Elite status has been renewed.

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by Counsellor, Dec 9, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just logged in to my account and was greeted by the above banner where the "progress" bar used to be.

Actually, I'm about 13 nights short of the required 75, although I do have enough nights reserved to end the year above 75 (but reservations can be cancelled if travel plans change).

I remember a few years ago that the banner appeared, then disappreared and was reported to have been a glitch. Anyone else seeing this?

MX, Newscience and Travelsavant like this.
  2. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    My account looks normal, and no banners appeared for me.

3. vantagepointe

vantagepointe Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the heads up. I just checked and I have the same message. Guess I need to get a screenshot!

4. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Reported elsewhere that this is glitch ... some members who saw this had it disappear after a while.

5. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I saw it. It disappeared a couple of hours later. It was both on the pop-up box when you log in as well as on the account activity page. I do not have enough nights to earn platinum, though I'll be close enough that I might be given it anyhow.

Counsellor likes this.
  6. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, it's gone today and the progress box tells me how many more nights I need to renew Platinum status.

Easy come, easy go, I guess :(

But I still should have it earned by around Christmas. :)

7. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    Got it Christmas night.

8. Mooper
    Original Member

Mooper Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm curious if the banner appeared for those who, if they stayed where they were, would have been renewed and notified the same later. In other words, perhaps just a glitch that caused it to display earlier, but the decision was already taken.

9. vantagepointe

vantagepointe Member

Status Points:
    I checked today and it shows me as having platinum status. The notification had disappeared a few weeks ago but looks Iike they granted it to me even though I was several nights short. Your theory is sound

Mooper likes this.
  10. IberianNomad

IberianNomad Silver Member

Status Points:
    Recently called and even though I was close to 20 nights way (several nights have yet to post though) I was informed I made Platinum for 2014...I'm actually quite surprised!

11. FloridaRobert

FloridaRobert New Member

Status Points:
    I never say the banner. I was told by the front desk when I checked in. It has actually been a pretty good benefit, something did not see when I reached the equivalent at Hilton. Hilton and Sheraton were sort of blasé about all my nights at their hotel, so I started moving to Marriott and they have been good to me. The Sheratons I've totally dropped and Hilton is secondary, which still keeps me up there but Hilton does not put the cherry on top of all those stays, like Marriott most definitely does.