Congrats Hyatt...I'm Yours

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by mo26, Jan 23, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. mo26

mo26 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, I miserably failed a Diamond Challenge last year after my work patterns took me beyond the Hyatt footprint.

I kept Hyatt in my heart and had a few personal stats in 2012. I wen 4-4 with the suite upgrades in SAN, DXB, NYC, DFW, and handily qualified for Platinum.

My stay patterns changed for 2013, and GP was nice enough to let me challenge again to Diamond. I'll have it wrapped up in a couple weeks, and will be using Hyatts any chance I get.

The Hyatt Place properties are far superior to similar categories from other chains imo, and I haven't had a negative staff or GP customer service experience yet!

So Hyatt; thanks for a great product, and a second chance. You've got my business!

-MO

2. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have to heartily agree about Hyatt Place -- though others may carp, I feel they are worlds beyond the others in this market segment. For instance, HP El Segundo is a great addition to the LAX area, IMO.

3. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    mo26, welcome to the club! I've been a happy Hyatt Diamond for a few years now. I had just gotten used to the fact that I would get inconsistent benefit delivery with SPG and have to deal with it. When I first tried Hyatt, I couldn't believe how well they executed. I've been a convert ever since.

I agree that the Hyatt Place (and Hyatt House) properties size up much better than comparable properties of other brands, especially the new build ones.

4. Tenmoc
    Original Member

Tenmoc Gold Member

Status Points:
    Switching to Hyatt this year too as business travel picks up, but it started with how well Hyatt treated me as a regular no status guest in DFW back in 2011.

Only bad Hyatt experience i've ever had was in ACA.

5. legalalien
    Original Member

legalalien Gold Member

Status Points:
    I fully agree with the sentiment.

My only gripe with Hyatt is inconsistent posting of points. Last year, I had 9 out of 25 stays post incorrectly - either missing Diamond welcome amenity or some other issue. This year all 4 out of 4 are correct so far, so perhaps there's hope!

6. mo26

mo26 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well atleast you'll get bonus points for that :)

7. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    I forget I even have suite upgrades sometimes because they happen often enough gratis. I only use them for the times it really counts, which is why it's great that you can confirm the suite at booking.

8. RichardInSF
    Original Member

RichardInSF Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is a well-known, long time problem with Hyatt, one which they never seem to figure out how to fix. The good news (of a sort) is that customer service is quite responsive when you raise the issue with them.

9. legalalien
    Original Member

legalalien Gold Member

Status Points:
    Indeed they are, and the extra bonus is nice! When I called to get welcome amenity posted for a couple of stays last December, the agent went through all other stays for the year to make sure they were correct, and found a couple of other cases of missing points - without any prompting by me. :D

10. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd never really been a Hyatt fan, then I stayed at the Park Hyatt Dubai. One of my very favorite hotels in the world (now shared with the Conrad Bangkok).

11. 365RoadWarrior

365RoadWarrior Silver Member

Status Points:
    I hope you're as happy with Hyatt Gold Passport as I have been. My first-choice program. I've been to well over 100 Hyatt Places and I too prefer them to the the competition. And thankfully, the new Hyatt Places are moving a bit outside the mold; some are actually individualized enough now than I can wake up and know - just ny looking around - which HP I'm in. That didn't used to be the case.

All my points go to my employer; perhaps I should be concerned that they aren't getting all the points they're entitled to. When I get a day off, maybe... ;-)

12. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    ick, ouch, eeww
    I don't like the sounds of that at all.
    (Unless of course, you own the company - then all's good :).)

13. TravelMusing

TravelMusing Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am a relatively new SPG converted to Hyatt member too! :)

Just got back from my trip to NYC, with a 2 night stay at Andaz Wall Street and 2 night stay at Grand Hyatt. Awesome customer service at both locations. I wonder if Hyatt invests more in training their employees...

No more dilemmas for me... I am staying at Hyatt properties where it is available going forward.

Tenmoc, mo26 and IDGflygirl like this.
  14. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    Next visit, add in the HR Jersey City -- they'll blow you away with customer service! (And the views...)

Tenmoc, TravelMusing and IDGflygirl like this.