Conga threads?

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by SC Flier, Feb 15, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'll be honest. I'm not a huge fan of Conga threads as they've been implemented in the past. All too often, someone gets skipped and forever left out of the benefit of the Conga. And members who are already enrolled (other than the Conga's OP) can't get in on the action unless they lie about their status.

I have an idea for an alternative type of shared enrollment referral site, but I haven't built it yet.

In the meantime, the question about Congas has reared its head in at least one other thread here on MilePoint. Are Congas allowed? Where should they go? What are their rules?

Similarly, what forum guidelines should be followed for posting referral links within any other threads? What about referral links in signatures and/or the "About You" section on user profiles?

Similar questions exist for referral offers which require action by the referrer. Examples are enrollment offers from Hilton HHonors and Choice Privileges which require the referrer to submit the email address of the enrolling member. There's not a link for the enrolling member to follow; the enrolling member must contact a willing and available referrer to submit their email address (and possibly their name).

2. Kagehitokiri
    Original Member

Kagehitokiri Silver Member

Status Points:
    on the other hand, i am bothered by any (paid) referral links outside of conga threads (which i only recently noticed)