Confused about availability on ANA versus United site

Discussion in 'Star Alliance' started by splat, Nov 3, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. splat

splat Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was thinking of booking an flight using US Airway miles to Japan. When I look at the United site I see availability in business class, but when I double check on ANA I don't see it for ANA or United or any partners. I think I'm doing the search correctly, I see united flights on the ANA site, but no availability. Is this common? Thanks

misman likes this.
  2. splat

splat Silver Member

Status Points:
    Oops just saw the thread above about *alliance I'll give it a read, before I get spanked :)

misman likes this.
  3. misman
    Original Member

misman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Odds are very slim that you'll get spanked here. You may get pointed to a thread with the answer, as well getting the answer. Enjoy your time here.

4. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Do a search, damnit. ;)

misman likes this.
  5. splat

splat Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ok, I've read more, googled and watched a couple of videos. Still have a few questions...

1. I still don't understand why I can't see the same award availability on ANA as United.
    2. When I do a dummy award booking on United, it doubles the award cost. So instead of 150k RT is wants 300k RT. I want to use US Airways miles so would it be 90k miles RT or 180K RT SFO-Narita?
    3. I was hoping to use ANA out of SJC instead of United out of SFO, but I see zero availability in June. Lots in May. Does anyone have any recommendations for ANA, should I wait and see if it opens up or just go with the United option out of SFO?

Thanks for any input :)

6. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can only book the double miles awards with the points from that program. If UA only have double miles rewards available then you cannot book them at all with US points.

7. splat

splat Silver Member

Status Points:
    Oh, ok now that makes sense.