Confiscated DL accounts for cellos and their owners

Discussion in 'Newsstand' started by Canadi>n, Jul 15, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    Tonight's COLBERT REPORT has a searing report on DL's uncaring attitude to one of the world's foremost cellists, Lynn Herrall. And Gary Leff is presented as the expert defending DL's move. Shame on DL and shame on Gary for defending them!

newbluesea likes this.
  2. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Are you saying they showed Gary on the COLBERT REPORT ?

3. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
  4. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    And fun it was. LOL
    Great Job Gary!

5. Majikow

Majikow Silver Member

Status Points:
    Pretty hilarious. Well played Gary...

And seriously, what's up with the dude and his cello? He's got a real woody for that thing.

6. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Gee you thought Gary defense of Skymiles aka Skypesos ( which happens to be crappiest domestic programs around) was funny but in reality pretty ironic ....o.k ...fair enough
    But yet failed to see in the humor in Herrell's story/point of view??:)

7. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    You would too if you played an instrument worth more than a half million dollars! Harrell is a world renowned musician and after Yo Yo Ma, the finest American cellist alive. DL really blew it on this PR fiasco. It has alienated thousands of well-heeled classical music afficianados who will never fly the airline again, and who actually buy premium fare tickets! Not only that but DL could have capitalized on this whole thing by heralding the fact that they are the "official airline of Lynn Herrall's cello". In doing so, DL could have attracted millions of dollars of revenue from supporters of symphony orchestras across the US. As for the FF program suspension, DL should have permitted the cello's account miles to be redeemed for tickets used by charities. (Airlines should recognize that cellos are very low maintenance fliers...they pay full fare for a premium class seat, don't drink the booze and don't require meals!)

8. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    that sounds like a good idea - too bad delta didn't think of it. In a way I understand not givng miles to a cello - well, more miles than one seat even tho I don't like it. For example if I buy two seats for myself (to have more room) I won't get miles for the second seat. If a cello could get miles but an empty seat next to me could not I might buy a cello to accompany me;)

I would prefer to get miles for any seat I purchase. So if I am a traveler of size who requires 2 seats I get to pay for them, but not acquire miles and when I redeem them I still have to pay the miles for a second seat (even tho not getting credit all the times I paid). But it is their ball and they made up the rules and I can choose to play or not.