Confirmed upgrade using Hyatt certificates?

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by suenam, Aug 29, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. suenam

suenam Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone know if you can use a confirmed upgrade given by Chase for a paid stay when using a Hyatt Certificate? I'm thinking of trying for Park Hyatt Buenos Aires.

PointsCashMiles likes this.
  2. PointsCashMiles

PointsCashMiles Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't know the answer but this could be great use of the confirmed upgrades if you can.

3. peteropny
    Original Member

peteropny Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I take it you mean the Hyatt Stay Certs? If so, no you can't use a confirmed suite upgrade on that rate since it is not eligible (I look at those as a purchased award night). You can ask at check-in, some properties may allow you to use them if they aren't very busy - be prepared to be turned down though.

4. rdraper

rdraper Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not 100% sure, but I believe I used one of my suite upgrades at the Park Hyatt Buenos Aires when paying with gift cards earned through the Capital One deal. Just had to make sure I was on a paid rate that was eligible for suite upgrades.

But if you've got a cert for a free night, I'd guess that won't work. Per the T&Cs: "This certificate is not combinable with Upgrade certificates..."

5. peteropny
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Those Gift Cards / Certs from the Capital One deal are considered just a form of payment - so usage of a suite upgrade is permitted based upon the underlying reservation.

6. suenam

suenam Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is a Hyatt stay certificate purchased directly from Hyatt. I believe the cost was about $320.

7. peteropny
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Inspire level Hyatt Stay Cert is $319.

8. suenam

suenam Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, that is what it is. The Inspire Stay Certificate.