Confirm Your LGA Terminal 24 Hours Before Departure

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by vickers, Sep 25, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. vickers

vickers Gold Member

Status Points:
    First time flying out of LGA, and i get this email. I know its probably standard, but still interesting. Also wondering about the Marine Air Terminal. I see the walkway connector from Terminals C and D is about 5 minutes, but what about the Marine Air Terminal? Is it also close? Thanks for your help.

[​IMG]
    Dear Mr. Vickers:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you may know, we serve over 55 nonstop destinations from New York-LaGuardia Airport (LGA) and are investing heavily to improve your NYC flying experience.

Our LGA flights now depart from Terminal C, as well as from Terminal D and the Marine Air Terminal, so please confirm your terminal before arriving for your upcoming flight:

• Up-to-date terminal information is available 24 hours prior to departure via Online Check-in, Flight Status or the Fly Delta app. As gate and terminal information are subject to change, it's best to check within 4 hours of your flight's departure to confirm.
    • Receive flight notifications by opting in at delta.com and/or providing your email address at booking.
    The walkway connector between Terminals C and D is now open and takes approximately 5 minutes to walk from one terminal to the other.

Please visit delta.com for more information, and we look forward to serving you soon.

Flight Status

2. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    No, it's a good distance and not a reasonable walk even if there's a sidewalk (about which I'm not sure).

3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm pretty sure that the road along the back of the runway there does not have a sidewalk. (ETA: GMaps agrees with that). There are shuttle buses connecting the MAT to the other terminals but plan for it to take a bit of time (~20-30 minutes) to get between them, plus re-clearing security.

vickers and LarryInNYC like this.
  4. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    I looked on Google maps and wasn't able to make out whether there's a sidewalk or not (looks like some construction along the north side of the road). However, it does look like people walk on the grassy strip on the south side of the road and have worn a path there -- and that jibes with my rather hazy recollection of using that area to wait while picking up my parents years ago.

In any event, it's too far to be considered a reasonable walk (20 minutes or more, I'd say) and certainly wouldn't be a particularly pleasant one, especially with luggage.

vickers likes this.
  5. KENNECTED
    Original Member

KENNECTED Silver Member

Status Points:
    You could walk there, HOWEVER, you would be walking on the LGA access roads as there are no sidewalks for much of the route.

The airport buses run about every 10 minutes, but I would be very aware of time management.

vickers likes this.
  6. vickers

vickers Gold Member

Status Points:
  7. KENNECTED
    Original Member

KENNECTED Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's my home airport. It's not that bad. It's a multi terminal airport, which isn't convenient for someone who has to make a connection, example going from the Delta Terminal to the Marine air terminal. IIRC, it's mainly a O&D airport.

viguera likes this.
  8. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I agree, having just flown out of lga the other day. It's perfectly fine as an o&d airport, but can be terrible if you need to move around between airlines or terminals.

The DL updates are coming along nicely but the construction on and off the airport is a mess. And clearing security is still a huge pain even with pre-check.

Hopefully they'll get their act together this decade. :)

9. vickers

vickers Gold Member

Status Points:
    I flew out of Delta D Terminal. Very small and cramped. Food choices were pretty limited (and expensive). Security was pretty quick though.

10. KENNECTED
    Original Member

KENNECTED Silver Member

Status Points:
    You think D is small and cramped? You should have seen it before the merger. I think the terminal looks and feels MUCH better than it did 2.5 years ago.

Pricing is banana's but it's an airport terminal in NYC. Mark up pricing is to be expected.

anileze and vickers like this.
  11. vickers

vickers Gold Member

Status Points:
    lol sorry i missed that. :)

12. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    Terminal D is much better now than a few years. Same with the Marine Terminal. The main terminal had bupkis of amenities. It was rather chaotic when it shared the terminal with NW.

13. KENNECTED
    Original Member

KENNECTED Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's still "shared" with NW. LOL Same physical space. The check in line for early morning flights can be pure hell if you're not in the Elite security line!

anileze and viguera like this.