Confessions from flight attendants, hotel housekeepers and more

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by sobore, Nov 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://overheadbin.msnbc.msn.com/_n...flight-attendants-hotel-housekeepers-and-more

Vacations are fun, right? That's not necessarily true for the men and women who work behind the scenes. Here is what the folks in the trenches are thinking while you're flying, sunbathing, gambling or drinking.

Here are five of the confessions:

A hotel housekeeper: I cut corners everywhere I could. Instead of vacuuming, I found that just picking up the larger crumbs from the carpet would do. Rather than scrub the tub with hot water, sometimes it was just a spray-and-wipe kind of day. One man watched me clean his entire room, from scrubbing the toilet to emptying the trash — and told me at the end that I was "building character."

Read More: http://overheadbin.msnbc.msn.com/_n...flight-attendants-hotel-housekeepers-and-more

uggboy and rwoman like this.
  2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    One of my favorites fromt this article:

:)

sobore and uggboy like this.
  3. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    Most of those aren't really "confessions." I kind of expected there would be some nudist-only cruises, etc. The housekeeper I can understand. No one likes being watched when they do their job, and it's a hard one to begin with. As for the flight attendant, who has ever tipped a flight attendant? There are the occasional chocolate gifts, but an actual tip? What for? Do you tip at the beginning? (Here's $50, make sure you hoard all the scotch for me. :))

4. 2soonold
    Original Member

2soonold Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yep. If they got a walkie-talkie radio; they are likely saying something inappropriate about someone ... maybe you.:oops: