Concurrent *A loyalty programs?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by scf, Mar 9, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. scf

scf Silver Member

Status Points:
    Morning everyone!

I currently have silver status for UA/CO through 2012 and will hit silver again by middle of May. There is a chance that I'll get gold by end of year...that being said here is my question:

Is it possible to be a member of both the UA/CO Mileage Plus program and the BMI Diamond Club concurrently? It would seem easier, and far more likely for me to receive gold status with only 38k miles needed in the BMI Diamond Club.

Would my miles flown on *A airlines count towards both programs concurrently? For example, ORD-SFO r/t is 3,692 BIS miles - would I receive (ignoring bonuses etc) 3,692 miles in my Mileage Plus account and 3,692 miles in my Diamond Club account...? Same question goes for a BMI metal flight DME-LHR...

Also, with BMI Diamond Club Gold Status, *A gold status, would I be able to access the United Club even on domestic (USA) travel with UA metal?

Most of my flying in domestic, however, I do typically take 1-2 r/t flights to europe in a year. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you!

-Chase

2. cvarming
    Original Member

cvarming Silver Member

Status Points:
    You can be a member in a many programs as you like, but the miles from one flight can only go to one program. If you could credit miles to multiple programs then why stop with only two programs? UA Gold will give you access to economy plus seating and BMI gold will give you access to UA clubs.

scf likes this.
  3. scf

scf Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks cvarming - thats what I figured but wanted to double check with the experts first.

4. MDDCFlyer

MDDCFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Plus BMI life span is very short lived. The airline was sold to the mother group of BA and Iberia and would not be part of Star Alliance in the very near future.

5. scf

scf Silver Member

Status Points:
    thanks for the extra insight MDDCFlyer!