Concourse Z changes?

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by MSPeconomist, Feb 20, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    On my home forums page, I see that the way fora in Concourse Z are displayed has been changed. They're re-organized into categories and take far less vertical space to list.

However, what does the ugly big blue dot near the name of a forum mean? I doesn't seem to indicate new posts as I've never gone into some of these places, so MP should not have marked them as read on my account.

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    The blue dot should indicate that there are unread messages in that forum.

I'm still trying to figure out how mine got put where it did as it straddles two areas, but I suppose it doesn't really matter too much anyways.

3. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Likely because the category is "Travel Tools" (a popular catchall phrase) and your product name is "Wandering Aramean Travel Tools". If you would rather it be in a different forum, let us know. We actually tried a work around to clone yours so that it could be in two different forums but far too quirky an effort. If you'd like to start a different forum as a breakout for some of your tools for a different forum, we'd be pleased to work with you.

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  4. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Thanks for passing along the advice. That is correct, a small visual that something is new since you read there last.

5. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    That's the idea ... far less vertical space. We've still got a few more small adjustments to be made. Thanks for noticing.

6. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    No worries, and glad to hear that y'all are paying attention. :)